Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody thought about mounting a sidecar to the rebel?
I had- but only theoretically.

So I had done a little research about this topic and concluded:
it is a lot of work, costs and development. After all that, you have to do a lot of paperwork, show the outcome to the technical authority of the state or country and they let it pass- or not.

So far as I know, you have at least to change the forks as shown in the pics, the tires (we need tires like a car because we need the same footprint on the road and no more our semicircle tire profile), install a proper brake to the sidecar and so on.

Last but not least: we have to learn riding again! Thrust forward, braking, cornering and a lot more is a huge difference to riding a solo bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
The thing about some mods is that it's better to buy the bike that does what you want rather than try to make the bike you have do what it was not designed to do. If you want 200 hp or 100 mpg - buy a different bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The thing about some mods is that it's better to buy the bike that does what you want rather than try to make the bike you have do what it was not designed to do. If you want 200 hp or 100 mpg - buy a different bike.
That’s this one. 1030 miles on Saturday

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here are some close ups of frame and sub frame.

I took the rig for a test ride yesterday, it tracks beautifully, power to spare. I will not need to drop a tooth up front as I thought. The Rebel likes about 10 inches of wheel lead and a 2 degree lean. Hack wheel is just slightly on an angle toward the front bike wheel.

I will be reinstalling the boat soon, will keep y'all posted.

Happy T-Day everybody!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kenny,

I found the pedestrian slicer on EBAY. I got it to put my dogs name on since it is really his bike.

I remember getting one for my Ural years ago from Holepaw Corvette in FL. I just think they are cool.
The one on the Ural has my dog Butch's name on it in Russian. see attached.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts