Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thinking about getting one of these because I like how they look. Does anyone know if it helps with the wind any? I can't stand the look of half of the windshields out there but once the bike hits about 60 the wind really does get a bit unbearable. Anyone have experience with these?

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
I have the same one fitted, but I’ve not noticed any wind deflection from it, others have said it helps a little but then I don’t rag it down the motorways anymore.
I think they are more for looks than a dedicated wind deflector screen

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is tough because the smaller shields deflect wind from your chest into your face and typically introduce turbulence. Ear plugs, forward lean, and no shield for 90% of my riding and trips longer than an hour get a removable barn door screen to send the air over my head. Anything in between makes the ride less enjoyable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have one too. It's a bit thin and I don't think it works as good as even the small Honda windscreen would but I do feel a bit less wind on my upper body at highway speeds. I got it mostly for looks though I just love the bike with that piece on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I had one for a few months and it did deflect some of the wind (from my chest) then more of it hit me in the helmet. It looked cool, which is really why i bought it.
ultimately decided I cared more about wind deflection so sold that one and went with a taller shield (PUIG) that sends the wind over my helmet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you have an image? I have not seen a tall windscreen on a rebel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
no it attaches at the top of the forks/ triple clamp. replaces 2 bolts that exist (1 per side) then the windshield attaches with 4 small bolts to the new brackets.
i installed a screw protector on the ends because it comes within a few mm of the tank when fully turned. (just in case that clearance changes)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Odin,

That screen looks perfect on the Rebel, I have found it difficult to find pictures of currently installed screens for the new Rebel. Your pics are greatly appreciated!

What model and vertical length screen did you purchase from Puig?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is your height? You mentioned that it sends wind above your helmet, that is nice to have :) btw looks awesome!! Thanks for the pics ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Kola - 6'3" (ish) I do slouch at times while riding, i don't exactly sit up perfectly straight. if I did the wind might hit me around eye level

·
Registered
48 Posts
puig
it's the only model listed on this page. just called naked new generation touring. specifically for Rebel.
Odin,

Do you know if you are able to order directly through Puig? I can't seem to find a spot on their site to order nor can I find it through other dealers. I don't know if being from the US will matter or not on this.. But I really like the idea of it. Being 5'10", this seems that it will work wonderfully.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I actually just realized I was using their site completely wrong and no wonder why I couldn't find anything. Anyways...

I found this site... @Odin does this look like what you ordered? Puig 9462 Windshield Naked New Generation for Honda Rebel 500 (2017-) | Accessories International
I never found a way to order from the manufacturer, I bought mine from Revzilla (actually preordered it) they became available/restocked late June, early July.
That is the correct part # that you have listed, however that's obviously not the correct picture in that photo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts