Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
This is just a mini review of the quality & fitment, not road tested yet.

I ordered this from Zeed parts rather than Motozaaa as thier website is more professional & they have more parts to choose from, but also speak English.
Ordering was fairly easy. Ordered late afternoon, shipped in the morning & arrived around 2pm same day, was impressed so far.

There was so much packaging I was getting frustrated cutting jiffy foam & bubble wrap off this thing, on the other hand very well packed.

The item comes as 3 parts: Cowl, left & right mounting brackets but 'No instructions.
After tearing off all the jiffy foam then cling film off the two brackets I proceeded to mount them. Where?
I couldn't figure out this rediculously easy task.
So I sent a msg to the Supplier, they sent back a few detailed pics, sorted.
Felt a little embarrassed with myself as I was a Quality engineer for many years, should have figured this thing out in seconds.

The cowl itself is a fairly thin plastic moulding & flexes easily, paint job is ok but handle with care I'd say. Being thin not sure how it will fare up to strong buffeting or faster speeds, if it was any bigger I'd be worried.
Once the brackets are loosely placed it's a bit fiddly trying to get the Cowl located & sitting perfectly around the headlight before tightening up.

I bought this purely for asethics rather than functionality. Would be useless as a windshield in IMO.
Some slabs of loudspeaker sound damping stuck to the inside would improve the rigidity.
I bought the silver & black to match the bike colour, not quite the same but I can live with that.

Overal, it's a nice looking accessory, let down by the cheap thin plastic moulding & lack of fitting instructions.
Is worth the 2,200 baht price, I'd say no, but there's not many other choices yet.
Maybe the K-speed version is a better product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Twizzian,

It is a nice looking addition to your Rebel.

I went for the knockoff of the National Fly Screen and the plastic is very thin compared to the National I had on another bike.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Been looking a little at them myself, but then again I'm no windscreen kinda guys, so meh..
Looks good thou!
How did you end up fastening it? Could you show us the back side?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks awesome. I've been considering the black one on my bike for a while now.
I was hoping someone would say martini theme because looking at where that theme has been applied, it can work very well on this Rebel especially with the headlight cowl we see here, but no harm in keeping things simple.

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Headlight Cowl quick road test

Not exactly fast but at 105km was enough to satisfy me that the Cowl is pretty stable, with no noticeable flexing.
On bumpy roads nothing came loose after a good inspection.
I would still say it's pretty useless though as a windshield, it too small & not high enough to make any wind protection.

I'm still reasonably satisfied.

As for the New Splash guard, I couldn't fit it as some of the parts & screws are wrong.
Thier sending out new parts tomorrow.
I think I'm the guinea pig on this newly released product, so will make a new post on here when it's fitted.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
As for the New Splash guard, I couldn't fit it as some of the parts & screws are wrong.
Thier sending out new parts tomorrow.
I think I'm the guinea pig on this newly released product, so will make a new post on here when it's fitted.
I'm really looking forward to as how the guard works out.
It might just convince me to "chop" the fender shorter!

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, I added a Headlight Cowl too like your's but red and black. Thanks for the instructions above which helped since I had no instructions either in mine. Looks Awesome !! Both of Ours!!
Looks good Firecracker.
Is the red a close match to your tank?

I noticed mine looks a bit crooked, that’s because when acessories are bolted on, the bike is best on a stand so you can look from all angles.

I’m going to write a letter to Motozaaa & ask them to supply installation instructions or at least assembly diagrams with their products, it should be the norm with anything you purchase & need to put together/mount.
I’ve now had two items from them & both confusing to setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, it is a very close match to the red on the tank. Installation instructions would definitely help. Without your pics I would have been stuck. For me the cowl actually offered a bit of relief from the wind but I'm 115 lbs and 4 ft 11. It's really windy on the highway here- it's 30 miles to the nearest city (rural az- in a town of about 2,500 people). Yesterday we had gusts of about 20 mph yesterday and it's worse riding between Mayer and Cordes. So I learned to lean forward, squeeze that tank and found the wind didn't beat the crap out of my upper body as much yesterday.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts