Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bit the bullet and bought the MotoZaaa Scrambler kit.

Heres the install vid they put together for you to follow if interested:
Cost 250ish, and arrived in about 5 days shipping time.

You will need to do your own wiring its not plug and play out of the box.

Install took me about 3-4 hours but im not by any means a handy person :)

It raised the seat quite a bit i feel much higher on the bike, id say 2-3 inch raise easily over stock.

The seat itself isnt the plushest as its a scrambler style.

The parts arent the highest quality, some of the plastic is just cut out vacuum formed pieces you can tell but they look and work great, especially for the price and everything you get definitely no complaints.

Didnt take too many pics of the install, however i did snap a pic of the wiring job after completion...all that colorful spaghetti :p

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I think it came out nicely, would definitely reccomend if its the look you're going for.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Nice!
Surprised to hear that it's not plug and play, as it's not like it'll fit any other bike out there.. weird. Wouldn't have made a big difference in the price either.
Looks neat though, have played with the thought of this kit, as I do like the look a bit, and the extra height would be nice.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
that's a few unique look, good job on the install.
are you still keeping the extra brake light above the license plate for extra insurance? or just haven't taken it off yet since you have the leds on the fender now

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was planning to get this kit also.

Your bike looks exactly like mine will, different colours though - and some other small mods. But it looks great man, I will probably have a local place do the seat padding & over though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Gary,

I contacted the place that makes the kit and they tell me the rear fender has to come off to make the seat frame work.

Kenny G:surprise:
Too bad. That would be slick to be able to change the look of the bike with 2 screws and a bolt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought one of these bikes and certainly find the biggest issue is seat height and comfort so am planning to buy a scrambler seat kit mainly to raise the seat, looking at the install video it looks as though the scrambler seat goes over the 'hoop' and the frame for the seat seems to bolt on in the same place as the original seat, can anyone confirm this? as then i assume the original fender, lights and number plate can stay in place, or has anyone fabricated a new seat frame to take a seat off another bike?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts