Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in North Carolina, and we are expecting high winds from Dorian. I know this isn't specific to the Honda Rebel, but does anyone know if it's safer to cover the bike when there may be high winds, or keep it off?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I live in North Carolina, and we are expecting high winds from Dorian. I know this isn't specific to the Honda Rebel, but does anyone know if it's safer to cover the bike when there may be high winds, or keep it off?
It is safer to pull the bike inside and out of the wind.
Kenny G

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd cover to protect from small flying debris. Maybe even a blanket under the cover to add some thickness/protection. Bungee any bottom grommets together to avoid/minimize any sail effect. I'd also try and tuck the bike someplace out of any direct wind path whether covered or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably should have mentioned that I live in inland North Carolina, around Raleigh, so we aren't expecting anything like hurricane force winds, just high winds. Unfortunately I live n an apartment, and taking it indoors is not an option. We love in a heavily wooded area, so tree limbs and other debrisay be a problem. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts