Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

looking for suggestions on good mirrors to bolt on the OEM location. I've tried a bunch but none look/function as well as the OEM- the OEM are just big ugly ears (IMO).

Wants: not big round ugly ones
provide good visability

I thought of the flipped mirror mod - but just not what i'm looking for.

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys,

looking for suggestions on good mirrors to bolt on the OEM location. I've tried a bunch but none look/function as well as the OEM- the OEM are just big ugly ears (IMO).

Wants: not big round ugly ones
provide good visability

I thought of the flipped mirror mod - but just not what i'm looking for.

thanks
I have managed to retain the OEM Mirrors and have just inverted them....Makes the Honda Rebel 500 look that much smarter

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,003 Posts
I tried inverting my custom mirrors, but they banged on my knees, & never felt they captured enough vision on the road.
Even when I mounted them upright, these smaller than stock ones still required some getting used too.
Over here you need 360deg eyes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone try using these clip on mirrors by Biltwell for the undermounts? Not sure if they would work or not. I think I saw a longer version also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just got these installed a few days ago and got to take them out for a test today:
Rebel 500 mirrors at the zon
The 2019 has right hand threads on both sides and for whatever reason Honda put a reverse adapter ( the short silver thing at the bottom of your OEM mirrors ) for thier right side mirror, you won't need that on these mirrors.
NOW I can see past my arm/shoulder on the throttle side and the glass is flat, so easily replaced and no "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" to deal with. I didn't care much how they looked just wanted something that worked but they actually resemble all the turn signals so it all works out. They work perfect on this first ride and are very adjustable, less "shimmy" than OEM for whatever reason < shrug >.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got these installed a few days ago and got to take them out for a test today:
Rebel 500 mirrors at the zon
The 2019 has right hand threads on both sides and for whatever reason Honda put a reverse adapter ( the short silver thing at the bottom of your OEM mirrors ) for thier right side mirror, you won't need that on these mirrors.
NOW I can see past my arm/shoulder on the throttle side and the glass is flat, so easily replaced and no "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" to deal with. I didn't care much how they looked just wanted something that worked but they actually resemble all the turn signals so it all works out. They work perfect on this first ride and are very adjustable, less "shimmy" than OEM for whatever reason < shrug >.
Thanks for the update on these alternative mirrors. I’m surprised Honda stuck with the same mirrors that are too small for four years. i am continually adjusting the right side OEM but my arm still blocks my view.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the update on these alternative mirrors. I’m surprised Honda stuck with the same mirrors that are too small for four years. i am continually adjusting the right side OEM but my arm still blocks my view.
Yup, that's why I had to make the change.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
180 Posts
Here's a link to the North American Amazon listing of those extenders. I ordered a set, I can barely see around my shoulders with the OEM mirror location. I got them for less than $10 since I had an amazon prime reward :cool:

I just received these, WRONG! one is left hand thread so returned to amazon and hope they send the correct ones next. I did order the correct ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just received these, WRONG! one is left hand thread so returned to amazon and hope they send the correct ones next. I did order the correct ones.
I was planning on purchasing these extenders. I will wait till you get an alternative.

·
Registered
205 Posts

The original Rebel mirror comes with an adapter on the throttle side, a silver piece under that rubber boot.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
180 Posts
I know exactly how the OEM mirrors are installed, they use right hand threads on both sides. Both sides have adapters to get the mirrors aligned, the throttle side does use left hand threads on the adapter. So what? The bike needs right hand threads for both mirror extensions.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
180 Posts
No it doesn't, there are two different ones listed, the correct one and the wrong one. They have sent me the wrong one twice now so I Have ordered a set from ebay! Maybe I should have ordered the one that states a left and a right and they would have sent the correct one LOL>

Quote from Amazon:
  • Thread Diameter:M10/10mm(1.25mm pitch),Most motorcycles have both mirrors that are Standard, Right-Hand Threaded (RH, clockwise).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts