Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
If I do a lot of highway riding I tend to be in the high 50's. If I do a mix of both I am at around 60. If I do mostly city driving I get upwards of 65+.

Lowest I have gotten is 55mpg and the highest is 68. Really depends how you ride!
I have the nearly the same experience on my 500, just a hair less. I'm running a tall windshield, weigh 260 lb, and live in the flat lands. Wind resistance (speed) will eat power (fuel)! Do some bicycle riding and you'll intimately understand this. :wink2:

Knowing which octane to run for motorcycles is the easiest, because it's easier to hear engine knocking. Higher octane only prevents knocking so run 87 unless you hear knocking. If you do use higher octane. Keep going up until the knocking goes away. Knocking will only do damage long term. If you don't know if your engine is knocking it isn't. You'd know it if you heard it.

I get about 100 miles between fill ups on my 500 with my 25 mile (one way) commute to work. I live in western Washington state where drivers are typically and unfortunately cucks around motorcycles, or other humans for that matter, who don't understand anything about traveling in a car so I'm constantly dodging brainless turds in the road. I "TRY" to keep a steady 70 mph going to work but it varies between stopped on the freeway and doing 80 to pass some jerkoff who decides to illegally merge into the HOV lane abruptly. I may not be the best example of fuel efficiency...

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.