Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the Honda factory accessory Meter Visor windshield ? If you have one on your bike I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Me. It's hard to tell, but me think that it helps a little to deflect airstream from you, highway speeds seems manageable, but for the price (If I had to buy it separate), I would look maybe for Darts? Mine comes as part of the bike, so I can't complain:laugh:, I guess...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I don't expect a lot from one. I had a fly screen on my BMW R65 and it made a slight difference for the better. I think the Honda one would be similar but wanted to hear first hand experience with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pic of bike, to make sure this is what you're asking about.
I believe this is one of the smaller meter windscreens, and aside from how small it is, I feel it makes a fairly large difference *If you travel at highway speeds*. In city, you won't notice anything...maybe a slight difference in any wind buffeting, like it being a bit more centered on your chest instead of somewhat evenly all around. On the highway it is either decent or horrible. I'm 5'10'', and if I sit up straight at speed, i get the buffeting right under my chin, but there's a noticable dead space from belly up to mid/bottom sternum. Now go full tuck, and you can barely squeeze into the dead space, which is kinda cool sort of. Long hauls seem to be better with the windshield as the buffeting really just targets you head, arms and legs. For a cheapy 100 dollar one, it's done me well, and i'd buy it again....plus it doesn't look bad. Just small enough to be noticed, and just big enough to be useful.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts