Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Memphis Shades fitted to my Rebel 1100...added more pictures

12K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  RacerAV 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a Memphis Shades "Big Shot" windshield with no-tool trigger lock mounts on my Rebel 500. I sold the 500 less windshield and mount so for the hell of it I tried it on the 1100. Had to modify the left side turn signal rubber mount to fit as there is an electrical junction block mounted to the inside of fork that was in the way. Nice thing about the trigger locks is you release two levers and the windshield pops right off. I do have the Honda Rebel 1100 cowl/windshield on order from Ron Ayers and will decide which shield to go with when I get it. MS has several different styles of windshields for the Rebel that work with the trigger lock mounts...see their website.

trigger lock mount...the guides are adjustable to tilt windshield to your liking

trigger lock mount with windshield removed

windshield removed showing locks in released position (no tools required)...just pivot and lift windshield off the bike

See less See more
Reactions: motomike
#3 ·
It mounts to the same height as it did on my 500 so wind protection will be the same. About 40° this afternoon and Sunday not much warmer so prolly won't ride till Monday with temp getting in the upper 60's.

#22 ·
Man that looks awesome! I wouldn't want a shield daily for sure, but man on a cold morning or long trip, lock it on and go, that is awesome. I have (on order) a headlight cowl (Bangkok special off FleaBay) so my question: With some spacers, maybe a half inch or 3/4, would this shield fit in front of the headlight/cowl? Rather than trimming it Id rather just have the shield be an inch farther forward to clear everything... Not sure how that will affect aerodynamics, but I like to tinker, I'll be fine lol... Could you snap a picture of a side shot angle to see fitment/clearance? Thanks man! Love that you didn't move the side markers. Did that lower the entire thing? Looks like your headlight is still centered.

#7 ·
I bought a slipstreamer spitfire S-06 windshield to put on my rebel 1100. while it blocks the wind for my chest, it’s too low to stop the buffeting on my helmet which is worse than when I didn’t have the windshield. Would you recommend the Memphis shades windshield and, if so,which model is best for a smoke colored windshield. I have the Honda headlight Cowl already installed and I love that look and I don’t wanna cover it up. I also want to be able to take the windshield on and off easily. I’m about 5 9 1/2” in height

#12 ·
As I mentioned in response to your private message the windshield opening can be modified with a Dremel tool with bit at low speed...you're probably gonna have to do some trimming to get the windshield to fit around the cowl.

#8 ·
I got my idea from rws, stole it frankly. Several of the shields on Memphis Shades website will fit the Rebel 1100. They all use the same trigger lock hardware. If you look at the pictures on my other thread, I have the shield mounted both ways, above and below the signal light mounts. The El Paso that I have is Black Smoke. The colors change from time to time so you have to catch them when they are available. I like the El Paso for the heights. 13,15,17,19. Mine is mounted below the signal lights. I didn't like the way the lights fit when mounted low. I think the shield will fit over the cowl, but can't be sure. You'de have to try it. Memphis Shades are not adjustable forward and back. Where they are, is where they are. You can adjust the tilt slightly. I've always been a fan of Memphis Shades hardware. Had a Slipstreamer on my CM400T, that caused annoying wind buffeting. Looked good though.;)

#9 ·
I’m having trouble ordering the hardware because the Memphis shades website doesn’t show that hardware with the big shot windshield in smoke The website had the smoke windshield with a 9 inch cut out sold separately (not under the Rebel search) but not the hardware. I found the same big shot windshield with a 9 inch cut out and smoke on other websites but not the hardware

#10 ·
the hardware kit (part number MEB2031) for the Rebel is listed on their website...doesn't say if it is stock or not...contact them to verify availability

BTW Dennis Kirk shows them in stock and also available on eBay

#14 ·
Ordered the Big Shot with Quick Mount Hardware .. Hopefully don't have any installation problems .. I prefer a Fork Mounted Shield to a Handlebar Style .. Had good results on my Last Memphis Shades with my FXR4 ..

View attachment 35377
how did you like the 20" high shield? I'm 5'11 and just added Rox 2" risers and was wondering about the height of the shield as compared to looking over.

#15 ·
Am sure would have liked it if had mounted directly on the fiiorks without modifications .. But returning it as didn't fit the way I thought or perhaps they sent the wrong mounts but not messing with Memphis Shades any more ..

#21 ·
I have fitted the Rio Grande to mine and yes had to lower the turn signals easy I got the 7 in cut out fits well close to the headlight. Id say order the talles wind shield you can, you can always cut one down but you can't cut one up!
I ordered the !9" and have since installed a clip on extension. I'm 5'10".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.