Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone find the color code or formula for the 2018 Matte Metallic Silver?
I've asked a few online oem paint providers and they've said they cant find it.

I just got a new h2c fender for my bike and I want match the color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked my dealer and they gave me a funny look, but are looking into it.

I should probably try to contact honda customer support directly too. but i figured id check here because maybe someone bought touchup paint or something

·
Registered
868 Posts
thanks for the shout Gary :)
Blob beat me to the pic, i took one a few weeks back. for anyone else wanting to know your color code-- remove the seat, then the black panel that holds the seat screws. its listed underneath.

These are the colors I used, and looked the closest to me. I asked Color-Rite who i've used in the past for matching colors, they say silver is the only paint code for the rebel they DON'T have at the moment. figures.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
I have the H2C Fender.
I painted only the underside black as I liked the brushed alloy look.
I think the surface has some kind of Aluminium oxide layer finish, I used acrylic primer then matt black top coat aerosol sprays but it all flaked off after a month.

I guess I should have key’ed the surface prior to painting possibly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For anyone wondering how this turned out.

The paint code is worthless, nobody online had the formula for it, and when I took it to a buddy's body shop to get mixed, the color mixed from that code is wrong. It only kinda matches. The matte finish matches, but the tint of the color was off quite a bit.

So I had to have the shop custom match it...

pictures in my showcase thread:
https://xenforo.local.svc.cluster.local/threads/10531/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, I was just screwing around looking at paint codes and I saw something that may match with our color code. This code is "NHB389M." I'm gonna find where I can purchase it and I'll post pictures once i've seen it in person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when i was tearing down my bike to do lights a couple weeks ago I discovered this sticker, took a picture just for my own records so I didn't have to chase it down later. Figured it might come in handy.
Where did you find that sticker? I’ve been looking all over for it. I’ve got the matte brown model, and need to get some touch up paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts