·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just check CL in CA
New DCT 2022 in Salinas for 9999.00 I imagine plus fees and taxes
used 5k miles manual trans 2021 around bay area 10498.00
used 450 mile DCT with some extras. $12K obo

did not check southern CA CL.

When ever I wanted a certain used bike (over 40 bikes owned, my 1100 was #41) I would check CL everyday. It changes daily. Longest wait for one I wanted was 2 months and 150 miles away. It was a 97 Honda Magna 750 with 9k miles and spotless that was listed 2 days before. I also bought a Super Magna, listing was 1 day old on CL that was only 4 miles away (regret selling it).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just check CL in CA
New DCT 2022 in Salinas for 9999.00 I imagine plus fees and taxes
used 5k miles manual trans 2021 around bay area 10498.00
used 450 mile DCT with some extras. $12K obo

did not check southern CA CL.

When ever I wanted a certain used bike (over 40 bikes owned, my 1100 was #41) I would check CL everyday. It changes daily. Longest wait for one I wanted was 2 months and 150 miles away. It was a 97 Honda Magna 750 with 9k miles and spotless that was listed 2 days before. I also bought a Super Magna, listing was 1 day old on CL that was only 4 miles away (regret selling it).
That's good news that there's still some out there and wow you have had a lot of bikes must be exciting experiencing a variety of them, I think that ill wait till spring before looking at the used market, with this dealer there are no market adjustment fees so its just msrp with freight etc.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That's good news that there's still some out there and wow you have had a lot of bikes must be exciting experiencing a variety of them, I think that ill wait till spring before looking at the used market, with this dealer there are no market adjustment fees so its just msrp with freight etc.
With the cooler weather up here and probably in your area too, I have curled back my riding days keeping busy on house projects lately. So just before Spring your bike could come in so waiting makes good sense. If the economy still is down, used could be better buys if your bike delivery is still in limbo. Cash is king sometimes. Good luck to you.

Thanks, The many bikes I have had range from derelict not running cheap neglected bikes to some older ones with very low miles. Some real classics to a few models that I bought brand new. Only 1 really rare bike. And Yes, I have had fun bringing some back to life, some I just cleaned up and turned them over within a month or 2 for a good profit while all along experiencing the differences finding some things I liked and some features I did not like When selling I learned You always lose money on new bikes and to make money on a used bike you do a lot of cleaning and fixing because road worthy and cleanliness makes them sell fast.

PS: Now on car/truck number 64, same story.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts