Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The Honda Service manual I purchased is for both the DCT version and manual version in one manual. It has CMX1000L/D in lower right corner. I do believe my manual is a copy and not an original. Very good copy. Probably why it was cheaper. It is bound with a plastic strip

·
Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
165 Posts
The Honda Service manual I purchased is for both the DCT version and manual version in one manual. It has CMX1000L/D in lower right corner. I do believe my manual is a copy and not an original. Very good copy. Probably why it was cheaper. It is bound with a plastic strip
Think He was referring to a Manual Transmission .. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my manual 1100 in June and that's the last one I've seen at the dealership up to this point and thats in ohio.
Wow that a long time and how long did you wait for yours? I have been waiting since early April and it keeps getting delayed. My dealer told me that they had Goldwing's in a similar status to mine and those orders got canceled by Honda and changed to 2023. I am hoping mine gets here before 2023.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my manual 1100 in June and that's the last one I've seen at the dealership up to this point and thats in ohio.
I wonder if June was when Ohio last got whatever limited stock they had coming in. I found my manual in June, just sitting there by itself. Salesman said it came in with 2 black dct ones and they went quick. Pure luck or meant to be that I found it, but I’m glad I did.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Really sad that manufacturers guess wrong about demand of new products. Honda 1100 DCT sell fast and are in higher demand than the manual model but they are having problems making either.

Ford has a similar problem. They guessed wrong on their Hybrid truck. They introduced the Maverick Hybrid truck in middle of 2021. Sold out. At the end of 2022 they had not made all they sold so rolled over orders to 2023. They opened up the sales for 2023 for 6 days and sold 77,800 Mavericks. 53,000 were Hybrid orders. They can only make 27,000. I got my Maverick on my birthday in December 2021 which was 97 days from order date. Some dealers are better than others no doubt.

If you find a used 1100 manual near list price one should probably get it. Same with the DCT. Next year with rising interest rates and shortages may be even worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put myself on the wait/call/reserve list at a bunch of dealers - one called in about a week (!) and I left at 3:00 a.m. to travel the 400 miles and be there when they opened! She's mine now!! They only got two bikes and had pre-sold the other one. Didn't get to choose the color, that's for sure ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found a used 2022 1100 manual with 2400 miles on it. Had to pay $10k which is more than the new price because salesman said they just aren't getting any new inventory, and don't expect to until the summer. I don't want to wait that long, and still, my OTD price is $1000 less than if purchased new, (freight, destination, prep) so, I Bot it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I put myself on the wait/call/reserve list at a bunch of dealers - one called in about a week (!) and I left at 3:00 a.m. to travel the 400 miles and be there when they opened! She's mine now!! They only got two bikes and had pre-sold the other one. Didn't get to choose the color, that's for sure ;-)
Congrats hope you enjoy the new ride! Unfortunately California doesn't allow bikes to brought from other states unless they have about 7500 miles on them. Which means that I'm stuck with the ones that are in Cali.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found a used 2022 1100 manual with 2400 miles on it. Had to pay $10k which is more than the new price because salesman said they just aren't getting any new inventory, and don't expect to until the summer. I don't want to wait that long, and still, my OTD price is $1000 less than if purchased new, (freight, destination, prep) so, I Bot it.
That is a great price congrats, if what they are saying is true for the summer I will consider getting another bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts