Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Rebel owners & thanks for letting me join.
I have just bought my Rebel but as I live in Thailand, the manual is useless to me.
Does anyone know where I can download a PDF manual in English.

Another question is that I have filled the tank to half but the indicator still shows one segment to empty. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Does anyone know where I can download a PDF manual in English.
Might not be a pdf file of it just yet, but google about and you might just find something?

Another question is that I have filled the tank to half but the indicator still shows one segment to empty. :confused:
The last segment, as you call it, fits a decent amount of fuel, so you might just still be within the range of that last one. Try filling it more and see if it changes then. If not, you might have a faulty fuel indicator in the tank.

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had one bar left and could only put 1.8 gallons in. how did you judge "half" a tank?
Well it was only a guess by looking inside.
When I had the bike delivered it had a small amount of fuel so I put a few more litres from a bottlle 'still on 1 segment'.
The gauge only went to full after filling to near full at the pump.

·
Registered
21 Posts
American Honda Co. just emailed me a .pdf for the 500. It's too big a doc to attach here (4.5 MB). I used their online contact form:
submit a Web Form at powersports.honda.com/contact.aspx

https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/manuals - has tons on manuals but not the cmx, I submitted a contact form and they emailed me a copy. I also told them their site is missing the new cmx manual (the site is currently broken but it might get up there one day)

Nice service, Honda! :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too can’t read my Thai owners manual. I have to make my Thai wife translate for me. I couldn’t find an English one on line to download
I got an English book from Bigwing it was a wrong one sent to a customer from Honda HQ, so they gave it to me, result.
Took it down to the local printing shop and they made another copy for my mate ‘40baht :smile2. We’ll keep that one quiet!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I googled the service manual and found it. I used chrome to get copies (it’s by chapter). I opened and saved them in IBook and now they seem to be available on my iPad even when I am off line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here *credit to USAFJack and XheadJr for the upload link*
Hi Fujirio,

The link you had in your post is for the service manual. I'm in Thailand and unfortunately got only the Thai version of the Owners manual which I cant understand. Would greatly appreciate if you could post a link for the OWNERS MANUAL for the Rebel 500 ABS CMX500AJ

·
Super Moderator
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Fujirio,

The link you had in your post is for the service manual. I'm in Thailand and unfortunately got only the Thai version of the Owners manual which I cant understand. Would greatly appreciate if you could post a link for the OWNERS MANUAL for the Rebel 500 ABS CMX500AJ
You can try going to your nearest Bigwing dealer to order an English written manual but they may only provide a 500 one as they don’t sell bikes under 500cc.
You could also try Honda HQ in Bkk.
I was lucky to get my manual at Bigwing as they mistakenly ordered the wrong engine version

·
Registered
321 Posts
If someone is still looking for a PDF copy of the Owners Manual it's here:
https://www.hondamotopub.com/HPI

Choose Rebel in the dropdown and you will get the PDF downloads on the right side.

Cheers.
Thank you, thank you, it's a shame what my dealer gave to me (actually to all buyers in Slovenia:mad:- bad printer copy-translate), all chapters about maintenance are missing, it appears to be, that they don't want to somebody do anything on bike... bastards!
Did I say thank you already:smile2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts