Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is dirty I know... T.T but I installed fork gaiters I bought from amazon, I assume are from steady garage. The fork gaiters on the product photos are definitely not the ones they sold to me and I am happy with that.

I also want to black out the upper forks any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
If his are like mine they are vinyl fabric. So they actually attach via velcro. They were like 25 bucks and took less than 2 min to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
I did mine with 3M vinyl. It was from amazon in a sheet and had to be cut to size but I wouldn’t call it wrap. More like a sticker. An easy 1 min job and cheap. I bought the kit to help with installing it

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how to remove the forks to install the gator boots and Upper Fork covers?
it's a pain, you have to lift the front end of the bike, i did this by flipping my foot pegs upside down so they wouldn't bend up. then i took to jack stands and had a friend help me lift the foot pegs on the jack stands. The bike will balance perfectly back and forth (If you try this with forward controls on your bike I imagine it would just lift the front wheel, idk if the forward controls would be as strong though but maybe!) So i just tilted it on the back wheel and placed a bucket underneath the front area sort of under the headers. Then take off your front wheel, and loosen all the bolts on the triple clamps and indicators if you have them placed there. Then you could just slide your forks down and put them on slide them back up and put everything together. Also im not positive on this but i think the upper fork covers through zeeds or hrp may only work with the stock indicators, but don't quote me on that.

or you can do a 10$ strip of black vinyl, your choice... lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you chose to go with the real fork covers you can use this video as a guide to taking the forks off also, Its not great and the subtitles are horrible in spots but at least you can visually see how to take the forks off @mondingo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone know exactly how to remove the forks to install the gator boots and Upper Fork covers?
it's a pain, you have to lift the front end of the bike, i did this by flipping my foot pegs upside down so they wouldn't bend up. then i took to jack stands and had a friend help me lift the foot pegs on the jack stands. The bike will balance perfectly back and forth (If you try this with forward controls on your bike I imagine it would just lift the front wheel, idk if the forward controls would be as strong though but maybe!) So i just tilted it on the back wheel and placed a bucket underneath the front area sort of under the headers. Then take off your front wheel, and loosen all the bolts on the triple clamps and indicators if you have them placed there. Then you could just slide your forks down and put them on slide them back up and put everything together. Also im not positive on this but i think the upper fork covers through zeeds or hrp may only work with the stock indicators, but don't quote me on that.

or you can do a 10$ strip of black vinyl, your choice... lol
I've noticed that some top fork covers can only be used with Factory indicators. Would you happen to have any idea which ones are long enough without the indicators?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts