Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm constantly looking for the Service Manual and saw that they are finally available for order from Helm inc.

CMX300A (Rebel 300)
Price: $36.95
Honda Motorcycle CMX300/A REBEL 2017 Shop/Service Information

CMX500A (Rebel 500)
Price $37.95
Honda Motorcycle CMX500/A REBEL 2017 Shop/Service Information

I just ordered one for the 300A. It came out to $46.50 total with standard shipping to California.

Note:
"A sales tax of 6% is added to orders shipped to Michigan, 7.25% to orders shipped to California and 7% to orders shipped to Georgia!"

From the shipping options it looks to be a Additional $9.95 for anything faster then standard ( 5 - 7 Days).

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
But.. The manual comes with the bike...
If it didn't, go poke your dealer where you got the bike and have them get you one, free of charge. It's "part of" the bike, you're supposed to get one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm constantly looking for the Service Manual and saw that they are finally available for order from Helm inc.

CMX300A (Rebel 300)
Price: $36.95
Honda Motorcycle CMX300/A REBEL 2017 Shop/Service Information

CMX500A (Rebel 500)
Price $37.95
Honda Motorcycle CMX500/A REBEL 2017 Shop/Service Information

I just ordered one for the 300A. It came out to $46.50 total with standard shipping to California.

Note:
"A sales tax of 6% is added to orders shipped to Michigan, 7.25% to orders shipped to California and 7% to orders shipped to Georgia!"

From the shipping options it looks to be a Additional $9.95 for anything faster then standard ( 5 - 7 Days).
Thanks for sharing this!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do'h! My bad..
But then again... I got my service manual at the dealer as well thou..
Yeah, at the time I got my bike the dealership didn't have any service manual and had no idea when we were going to get them either. I was going to get my service at 600 miles done with them but when I called it was a two week wait for service and I had less then 100 miles to go. I kind of gave up and just did it on my own. I doubt the motorcycle can be that much more worst than working on my car, so I probably won't be going back to the dealership I bought it from. Probably will go to the bigger one 40 miles away for my next major check-up.

Reactions: Lyoko

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Yeah, at the time I got my bike the dealership didn't have any service manual and had no idea when we were going to get them either. I was going to get my service at 600 miles done with them but when I called it was a two week wait for service and I had less then 100 miles to go. I kind of gave up and just did it on my own. I doubt the motorcycle can be that much more worst than working on my car, so I probably won't be going back to the dealership I bought it from. Probably will go to the bigger one 40 miles away for my next major check-up.
Yeah that sounds kinda fishy... Shame that they behave in such a way thou, a dealership shouldn't be like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a online version or PDF downloadable version? Would save on shipping, plus having to wait for post to Canada.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My 2017 Honda Rebel Service Manual arrived to VIA United States Postal Service.

For the price of the manual you think the cheapskate publisher could at least put it in a suitable box for shipping.
The **** thing was packed in an envelope and folded in half to fit into my mail box.

The manual is going to be very helpful and the pictures are quite clear.

Now I am ready for some serious work on the Rebel.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
My 2017 Honda Rebel Service Manual arrived to VIA United States Postal Service.

For the price of the manual you think the cheapskate publisher could at least put it in a suitable box for shipping.
The **** thing was packed in an envelope and folded in half to fit into my mail box.

The manual is going to be very helpful and the pictures are quite clear.

Now I am ready for some serious work on the Rebel.

Kenny G
On occasions I’m a cheapskate, & waiting for a free downloadable PDF service manual :wink2:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
On occasions I’m a cheapskate, & waiting for a free downloadable PDF service manual :wink2:
Twiz,

I too like the free PDF files, but when I am actually working on the bike I like the paper manual where I can lay it alongside the bike and glance at it as I work. I don't have a Smart Phone and my laptop is older.

Kenny G

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just went to order one of these (for delivery to the UK) and hit this..., this would be the other reason to wait for the PDF.... :|:|:|:crying::crying:

It goes without saying that I won't be completing the order.

Order Summary
Subtotal: $37.95
Handling: $39.95
Shipping: $159.34 :surprise::surprise:
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $237.24

1 - 20 of 21 Posts