Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought saddlebags but need longer bolts to get the bracket on. Any advice as to where I can buy these bolts?

Registered
EBay/Amazon or your local ironmonger/engineer supply store. The thread pitch is Honda fine thread. Go for stainless.

You will need to decide on what head you want: button, cap, countersunk etc. The four screws on the fender are button head.

馃樃

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I tried looking on both. Can't seem to find them, can you please post a link to one?

Registered
My pleasure. 馃樆

Don鈥檛 forget, you don鈥檛 have to buy a pack of 25. Just message them and ask for the quantity you require.

A worthwhile dodge would be to visit a garage that sells Japanese cars. Ask one of the mechanics have they got a few spare screws/bolts hanging around. That way you鈥檒l be sure to get metric bolts - maybe gratis!

馃樃

Registered
Bolts are 8mm and if I remember right the pitch is 1.25 don't know the length

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

Registered
Normal M8 thread pitch is always 1,25mm and is not mentioned normally but if you have bolts with fine thread (for M8 pitch is 1mm), you will always have notice in description (e.g. M8x1 plus lenght)!

Registered
Measure the thickness of the bracket where the bolt goes through...add that length to the bolt you took out of the fender which is a M8x18mm long. Then search eBay, Amazon etc or go to the hardware department of a store such as Menards, Lowes, Ace, Auto Parts store etc for the bolt style and length you want.

Here is an example of a SS button head style M8 bolt on eBay where you can select the length. Same kind of search can be done for other style bolts such as cap screws, flange headed bolts in SS, zinc plated, chrome or black oxide finishes.
M8 bolt with length selection

Reactions: RupertC
1 - 13 of 13 Posts