Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I got my Rebel 1100 DCT back in July and have been lurking on the forum for a while. Finally decided to join. Done a number of mods since I got the bike and really love it. I keep thinking I'm done but then add something else. 馃槄

How it currently looks:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Registered
Lurking is fine but now you can post being a member. Welcome aboard. I see you have a corbin seat and mirror extensions. Also a bag by the engine and in back and a nice tinted shield. All nice changes that look great.

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Registered
Hi everyone. I got my Rebel 1100 DCT back in July and have been lurking on the forum for a while. Finally decided to join. Done a number of mods since I got the bike and really love it. I keep thinking I'm done but then add something else. 馃槄

How it currently looks:
View attachment 38829
Where did u get the mirror extension? Thinking I could use some.

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again!
Got my 1100 last month, trying to get a few rides in before it gets to cold. Liking it but not mirrors. Will definitely be looking for a wind screen too. Got the DCT, working on slow speed manuvers, throttle touchy!
Sure, glad I could help. I agree about the throttle. The drive modes help but not enough. I got a Power Commander 6 based on a YouTube video by LifeOfBurch saying it helped smooth the bike out at lower speeds and it really works. Not the cheapest thing but I would do it again. Transformed the bike for me.

I have tried a few windscreens now and finally am happy with the Memphis Shades El Paso Sportshield. They have it in different heights and I ended up getting the 19" and it's perfect for me. The other ones I got that were smaller just made more wind buffeting issues. It's hard to get in that sweet spot.

Reactions: sonwon

Registered
Sure, glad I could help. I agree about the throttle. The drive modes help but not enough. I got a Power Commander 6 based on a YouTube video by LifeOfBurch saying it helped smooth the bike out at lower speeds and it really works. Not the cheapest thing but I would do it again. Transformed the bike for me.

I have tried a few windscreens now and finally am happy with the Memphis Shades El Paso Sportshield. They have it in different heights and I ended up getting the 19" and it's perfect for me. The other ones I got that were smaller just made more wind buffeting issues. It's hard to get in that sweet spot.
I'm thinking Ill get the Honda mini Batwing fairing and screen. Most likely a new seat also.
Where did U get the Power Commander 6 and was it simple to install?

Registered
2022 Rebel 1100 DCT
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking Ill get the Honda mini Batwing fairing and screen. Most likely a new seat also.
On the seat I ended up getting a Corbin Solo and what a world of difference from the stock seat. Kinda pricey though. I hear the Mustang seat is really good too for less.

Got the Power Commander 6 from DynoJet's website. The YouTube video I mentioned had a promo code that works though November 30 I think it was. Not the easiest install to be honest but at least there are no splicing wires or anything. I will say it was easier than I was thinking it would be after watching the video. The hardest part is having to move the tank out of the way but you don't have to take it completely off - just put something next to the bike to rest it on while it's swiveled out of the way. I used his video as a guide to how to do it. He also installs an aftermarket air filter in the video but I didn't do that. I only have like 800 miles on the bike so far so I'm not in a hurry to change that.

Registered
'21 Rebel 1100, '15 CTX 700
I have the Batwing, and find it just enough but I also added a clip on extension to get another few inches of height. When I first got my 1100 the throttle felt very twitchy, but I put it in Rain mode for the whole break in mileage, and now the throttle seems fine to me in Standard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts