Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did the same when I got mine, I had to raise the shifter and lower the brake pedal.
I should do both but the brake light takes SO much pressure to come on I don't think I'll bother with it and just do the shifter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First job I had to do was cut off the gear lever peg and weld it back on about 40mm closer to the footpeg. My wife is 4' 11" and has size 3 feet. Brake pedal similarly adjusted and both handlebar controls too. She's had the rebel two years now though and a good few tours done so all worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi RWS,

So I loosened the nut in the first picture to try and raise the brake pedal up a bit but nothing happened. I am on a 2017 500. I was able to move the nut along the thread. I ended up tightening it up again. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to give the pedal a bit of a thump to move it? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi RWS,

So I loosened the nut in the first picture to try and raise the brake pedal up a bit but nothing happened. I am on a 2017 500. I was able to move the nut along the thread. I ended up tightening it up again. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to give the pedal a bit of a thump to move it? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

The nut is only a jam nut...you need to turn the clevis to effect pedal height.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts