Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a LED brake light strip and LED turn signals. I replaced the stock relay with an LED relay, and the turn signals still do not work on either the front or the rear. The running lights and the brake light work just fine, but the turn signals shut off when I push the indicator left or right. I have tried everything I know to think of! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I recently installed a LED brake light strip and LED turn signals. I replaced the stock relay with an LED relay, and the turn signals still do not work on either the front or the rear. The running lights and the brake light work just fine, but the turn signals shut off when I push the indicator left or right. I have tried everything I know to think of! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Which relay did you purchase and install? If you put the old bulbs back in what happens? What LED's did you install?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the LED lights from amazon and the relay from customLED.com. I did order some higher quality lights from eBay though. The original stock turn signals come one but also no longer flash. The indicator light on the dash also does not come on anymore. Don’t really know what the problem is.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I got the LED lights from amazon and the relay from customLED.com. I did order some higher quality lights from eBay though. The original stock turn signals come one but also no longer flash. The indicator light on the dash also does not come on anymore. Don’t really know what the problem is.
https://www.customled.com/products/elfr-1-h-electronic-led-flasher-relay-4-pin-honda Hopefully this is this the relay you bought. It really cant be too serious.
Check#1. Switch back to OEM relay with led bulbs. Everything should work just flash faster than normal when you hit the indicator switch.

Did you cut and splice wires to your new tail light. Did you just replace led bulbs or replace and rewire complete new assemblies. Were you careful to not short anything out/blow a fuse? It's hard to troubleshoot when we don't know exactly what you did. Did you use this forum for information and follow the guides to color codes and wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts