Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fed-Ex dropped off my new tire No-Mar tire changer today, no more rolling around on the floor and fighting with tires for me!:grin2:
I have one similar, it's a no mar, but doesn't have the arm up over the top like yours, only center axle rods.

Works good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I caught this one on sale and jumped on it. I'm tired of fighting with them, this should make tire changes a lot less of a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I caught this one on sale and jumped on it. I'm tired of fighting with them, this should make tire changes a lot less of a pain in the neck.
If you don't want to anchor to the cement floor. Use a 1/2 sheet of plywood (4x4), this will give you room to move around it and also makes it portable, a bit of a pain to bolt and unbolt from plywood each time, but you can put away when not in use.

I only change tires about once a year and don't want to take up floor space when not in use. The one I bought used came with a 1/4x36x40 piece of steel plate to mount it to. Steal plate is heavy and not quite large enough to stand on, so the tire changer can move around when you don't have your weight on it. Next time I use it I will use plywood, when standing on the plywood it's like it's mounted to the floor.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't plan to drill the concrete, but I haven't decided on using steel or plywood for a base. I have enough room in the shop to leave it in place, but the option of moving it if I need to is important. I have a 4'x8' sheet of diamond plate located, it should make a great base if I can get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts