Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day all

I’ve ordered the Kriega US20 and was wondering whether I could leave the rear seat in place and install an OEM rack (or something similar) and still mount the bag.

I thought one of the straps may go under the seat and the other attach to the rack somehow. it looks like that provides a fair bit of space to fit the bag.

Otherwise I will look at the Hepco Becker option or maybe get a custom rack done....

Thanks - Mullet

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey @Mullet
Only just saw this post, I use my Kriega US20 and 10s all the time with my OEM rack and a rear seat. I leave the straps on the rack all the time and keep them in place with some velcro wraps when I don't have the bag. I'll take a pic and post later when I'm out to the bike.

Did you ever figure it out?

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey @Mullet
Only just saw this post, I use my Kriega US20 and 10s all the time with my OEM rack and a rear seat. I leave the straps on the rack all the time and keep them in place with some velcro wraps when I don't have the bag. I'll take a pic and post later when I'm out to the bike.

Did you ever figure it out?
Thanks for the responses. I ended up grabbing a Hurricane fender rack from weblike and attach the bag to that. Works well, it has a lip at the front which will also stop the bag from moving forwards, though it’s pretty solid with the straps. I cut the mounting straps quite small so they don’t flap when the bag is not attached. Will post some pics later...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well in case it's handy to anyone else in the future, this is how I generally leave mine. And I definitely cut my straps down to and could prob do it again.

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here a couple of pics with the bag attached. It ties down solid, normally has the laptop, iPad, civi jeans and shoes......and lunch in it. Very happy with both the bag and rack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here a couple of pics with the bag attached. It ties down solid, normally has the laptop, iPad, civi jeans and shoes......and lunch in it. Very happy with both the bag and rack.
Thats looking good, hoping mine will fit on the rack I've ordered, bike has pillion "pad" so 🤞

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats looking good, hoping mine will fit on the rack I've ordered, bike has pillion "pad" so 🤞
Post some pics when you get it installed @DaveH interested to see what it looks like.....

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G’day @DaveH - did you ever get your bag and rack sorted? Be good to see some pics.....

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda CMX500
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the delay, I did get it sorted, got the 30ltr and just purchased the 20 ltr as well ready for a few days away (subject to Covid restrictions )
Looks good mate - should fit plenty in 50ltrs.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts