Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Kriega US20 mounting with rear seat

8K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Iwanami 
#1 ·
G’day all

I’ve ordered the Kriega US20 and was wondering whether I could leave the rear seat in place and install an OEM rack (or something similar) and still mount the bag.

I thought one of the straps may go under the seat and the other attach to the rack somehow. it looks like that provides a fair bit of space to fit the bag.

Otherwise I will look at the Hepco Becker option or maybe get a custom rack done....

Thanks - Mullet

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey @Mullet
Only just saw this post, I use my Kriega US20 and 10s all the time with my OEM rack and a rear seat. I leave the straps on the rack all the time and keep them in place with some velcro wraps when I don't have the bag. I'll take a pic and post later when I'm out to the bike.

Did you ever figure it out?

#4 ·
Hey @Mullet
Only just saw this post, I use my Kriega US20 and 10s all the time with my OEM rack and a rear seat. I leave the straps on the rack all the time and keep them in place with some velcro wraps when I don't have the bag. I'll take a pic and post later when I'm out to the bike.

Did you ever figure it out?
Thanks for the responses. I ended up grabbing a Hurricane fender rack from weblike and attach the bag to that. Works well, it has a lip at the front which will also stop the bag from moving forwards, though it’s pretty solid with the straps. I cut the mounting straps quite small so they don’t flap when the bag is not attached. Will post some pics later...

#23 · (Edited)
Well in case it's handy to anyone else in the future, this is how I generally leave mine. And I definitely cut my straps down to and could prob do it again.

View attachment 32745
Thanks for the info here.
I am trying to attach the straps to my rack. I cant seem to get them to stay in place. They keep sliding left or right no matter how tight I try to pull on them.
Am I doing something wrong or are they supposed to not stay in place until they are all clipped in and tightened with the buckles?

#15 ·
I mounted my Kriega bag directly to the fender using the same bolts normally used for the rear carrier on my Rebel 1100. The older OS Rack loops have a clever bit that is basically a washer with an attached nylon loop.
Guitar accessory Wood Gadget Material property Audio equipment

I am not sure if the newer OS Rack loops will fit over the bolt. The result is pretty tidy, with just four little nylon loops on your fender when the bag isn’t attached. If you can’t get the OS Rack loops, a nylon strap loop with a grommet should do. You might also want a plastic washer to keep the loop from rubbing against the paint.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

#19 ·
I mounted my Kriega bag directly to the fender using the same bolts normally used for the rear carrier on my Rebel 1100. The older OS Rack loops have a clever bit that is basically a washer with an attached nylon loop.
View attachment 34275
I am not sure if the newer OS Rack loops will fit over the bolt. The result is pretty tidy, with just four little nylon loops on your fender when the bag isn’t attached. If you can’t get the OS Rack loops, a nylon strap loop with a grommet should do. You might also want a plastic washer to keep the loop from rubbing against the paint.

View attachment 34276
That looks great mounted on your Rebel!

What size Kriega bag is it?

#16 ·
G’day @ConcreteJungle16 - thankas mate. Never had any issues with vibration - and laptops are getting fewer and fewer parts that could be affected. Have since added saddlebags for extra space and recently an exhaust to top it off. The Kriega bag ties down really solid.

Seems that’s the issue with owning a bike - there’s always something more for you spend money on haha.

#21 ·
I have bought the Kriega US20 and new US40 bags. I also want a swing arm bag to keep a tool roll in that is in keeping with the design of the Kriega bags. All the swing arm bags I've seen are a bit too 'Village People' for me (from the leather fringes, tassels, studs, buckles and chaps design school). Not judging, if that's your vibe. Does anyone know anything about this Kuryakyn bag -
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Hoodrat Universal Swing Arm Bag | Tail Bags | Luggage, Organizers and Storage Covers | Kuryakyn.

Can you recommend another waterproof(ish) textile bag like it. I really am trying to move away from leather luggage.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.