Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, y'all. I'm kinda freaking out and don't know what to do. Please give me your seasoned advice. My new Rebel 1100 just arrived at the dealership yesterday and, to their credit, the GM sent me pics showing that it arrived damaged. He wasn't at the dealership the it arrived; rather, his guys sent him these attached pics, which I'm posting for your thoughts. The good news is I haven't paid one red cent; although the GM knows this is going to be a cash & carry deal, where I pay full freight. Should I wait for another bike or should Honda repair or should I get the price down??? Idk wtf to do because I've only bought one bike from them (the Honda Monkey). This is gonna be my "forever bike" (famous last words, I know), and I'm not fond of buying this one because who knows what problems might lie underneath. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 ABS
37 Posts
If it was my bike I would wait for the next one. It looks like its just cosmetic and it probably runs fine but a clean bike and peace of mind would be worth more to me than whatever money they would knock off the price.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A virgin is only a virgin once, and that's no longer a virgin. Wait for another. Having said that, do they know what happened in shipping in order to prevent it from happening again?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I definitely wouldn’t buy it in that state. What’s the point of paying MSRP + dealership fees for a damaged bike, particularly when you were expecting a brand new bike fresh from the factory?

The question is, are you okay with waiting for another bike to arrive given that it might take awhile?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like it was hit with a forklift or fell off a truck. I, wouldn't touch it. Have the dealer order another
one, or consider getting the 6 speed in a few months. Production is ramping up & Honda is making a
statement with this new model. Wait it out and get your money's worth.

·
Registered
304 Posts
How can I put this........
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !
As you can see it has gotten outside of it's little cage, you will never know what REALLY happened and you will never UNSEE those scratches! The dealer will prolly offer a ca$h discount, DON'T go for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,335 Posts
it does look like it fell over or fell off - it doesn't take much to do $2,000 damage to a new motorcycle

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'd like to say that if they're willing to take some cash off the price buy it but when you're paying $12,000 or more for a new bike you want a perfect bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for such great advice. I’ve worked it out with the dealer and they’re getting me another one from a neighboring state (pic attached), to arrive next week. We’re all on the same page and I turned to you because I needed verification (again, I’m new to riding).
Can't thank you enough for your guidance!
:slight_smile:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Best decision. You should be the first one to put a scratch on it.....!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's good that you did that. You're paying for a new bike, you should get a new bike. Who knows what else is damaged from the bike rattling around in the crate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you all for such great advice. I’ve worked it out with the dealer and they’re getting me another one from a neighboring state (pic attached), to arrive next week. We’re all on the same page and I turned to you because I needed verification (again, I’m new to riding).
Can't thank you enough for your guidance!
:slight_smile:

View attachment 33644
Is that a battery tender lead I spy poking out from under the seat? If so, curious if it came like that from the factory or if the dealer just thought to install it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is that a battery tender lead I spy poking out from under the seat? If so, curious if it came like that from the factory or if the dealer just thought to install it.
All 2021 Hondas come with a battery tender lead and a tank full of ice cream.
I dunno what it is but I think I've seen it before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
motomike and Kaptor -- and this is part of the reason I love this forum. As I've mentioned, I'm new to riding and therefore have no idea what a battery tender is (gonna Google it after I post); yet I do have one more question. Do y'all think that, based on the inconvenience, I should jockey for a discount on the add-ons the local dealership is putting on? For example, I ordered heated grips, a sissy bar and backseat (haha...looks like it's the size of a wallet), and the front headlight cowl. On the Honda website the "Build" price came to roughly $11,500, and I don't wanna be a harda$$ because the dealership has been so forthcoming; although I feel like this is my only chance for negotiating. If you think I've got the leverage, then what would you ask as a "walkaway" number? Thank you again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
motomike and Kaptor -- and this is part of the reason I love this forum. As I've mentioned, I'm new to riding and therefore have no idea what a battery tender is (gonna Google it after I post); yet I do have one more question. Do y'all think that, based on the inconvenience, I should jockey for a discount on the add-ons the local dealership is putting on? For example, I ordered heated grips, a sissy bar and backseat (haha...looks like it's the size of a wallet), and the front headlight cowl. On the Honda website the "Build" price came to roughly $11,500, and I don't wanna be a harda$$ because the dealership has been so forthcoming; although I feel like this is my only chance for negotiating. If you think I've got the leverage, then what would you ask as a "walkaway" number? Thank you again.
My OPINION:
This is a brand new hot bike, you don't have much if any leverage.I would ask to throw in the grips and cowl and call it even.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My OPINION:
This is a brand new hot bike, you don't have much if any leverage.I would ask to throw in the grips and cowl and call it even.
Kaptor - you and I are reading from the same sheet of music...that's precisely what I was thinking. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it was my bike I would wait for the next one. It looks like its just cosmetic and it probably runs fine but a clean bike and peace of mind would be worth more to me than whatever money they would knock off the price.
Hi, y'all. I'm kinda freaking out and don't know what to do. Please give me your seasoned advice. My new Rebel 1100 just arrived at the dealership yesterday and, to their credit, the GM sent me pics showing that it arrived damaged. He wasn't at the dealership the it arrived; rather, his guys sent him these attached pics, which I'm posting for your thoughts. The good news is I haven't paid one red cent; although the GM knows this is going to be a cash & carry deal, where I pay full freight. Should I wait for another bike or should Honda repair or should I get the price down??? Idk wtf to do because I've only bought one bike from them (the Honda Monkey). This is gonna be my "forever bike" (famous last words, I know), and I'm not fond of buying this one because who knows what problems might lie underneath. Thank you for your input.

View attachment 33637 View attachment 33638 View attachment 33639 View attachment 33640 View attachment 33641 View attachment 33642

1 - 20 of 29 Posts