Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yes. Around town it's ok, but on an hour ride at speed my index fingers and thumbs got pretty cold (I do have some circulation problems, and cold hands). I did the same loop with insulated gloves and that made a big improvement. My insulated gloves are ok with basic motorcycle stuff, but make it more difficult to use comms, and helmet controls. I might try adding 1" to the inside edge.
No fun being cold. My arthritic hands hate cold. Adding some plastic strip to the lower edge might help. You could get some good double-sided thin foam tape and try various sizes and be able to remove while testing. Then when you find what works glue it on or just use the double sided tape. With tape you could add the strip on either side of the guards.

I have some lined gauntlet gloves that work pretty well to about 55 degrees for an hour. I also have heated jacket liner and glove liners that I control with a dual wireless controller (gloves and jacket liner knobs). Been using the setup for over 5 years. Just 1 wire at my waist that goes to the battery tender hookup. I don't have helmet controls or comms phone bluetooth or music when riding. I think my gloves would be too fat fingered for those device controls.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts