Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery today of my Grand Pitstop Wheel Roller - with chain cleaning brush. I went for the large version: bikes up 270kg in weight and for tyres not exceeding 240mm wide. I was advised to buy the tapered roller version because it is supposed to be better than the straight roller version.

It’s £10.00 cheaper than the ABBA version. It has a six month warranty.

I had no problems using it to lubricate the chain. The bike-tyre moves a little to the right - looking at it from the rear - when turning the wheel but no issues. On the front, it’s just as easy although one has to watch out for the steering moving.

Here’s one in operation. F-fwd to 1:31

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got the straight roller version today after attempting to put the bike up on a paddock stand the other day and really not enjoying the process. Glad to hear it works well enough!

I also got the Tirox SnapJack V2 so I’ll have to compare the two and see which one is easier.

That said, I can’t wait for T-Rex to release the updated version of their center stand that’s compatible with the 2020 models. It’ll supposedly be available in October so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I purchased the Hardline Rollastand a year or 2 ago and haven't really been a fan. One of the rubber feet had fallen off when I received and the others are all long gone. It looks like the grand pitstop one solves some of the issues with the tapered rollers so the wheel hopefully doesn't try to shift off the stand.

I'd never heard of the SnapJack before, but that looks great and may give it a shot.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, if and when you get the centre stand, if before me, it would be terrific to hear your views.

Worth noting that the Grand Pitstop Model is very light and relatively small and could easily be transported on a bike for those who undertake long journeys and need to oil their chain en route.

Having now used it a few times - wheel cleaning, tyre inspection, cleaning the chain - I have found it best not to align it centrally but to push it in so that the edge is almost aligned with the wheel. This gives it a tad more room to move.

I also used a piece of wood under the side stand to make the bike a little more upright. It seems to help. I feel confident using it.

Take Care - Ride Safe and Keep Safe

😸

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike, if and when you get the centre stand, if before me, it would be terrific to hear your views.
Of course! Happy to offer some thoughts and pics once I get it. I’ve been checking the T-Rex site like every week hoping it’ll be in stock already.

In the meantime, I tried using the Tirox SnapJack V2 today and was honestly surprised at how good it was. You just secure the front brake with the velcro strap they give you, straighten the front wheel, set the jack under the rear axle nut on the right swing arm (no need to remove the stock muffler), click it into place, lock it, and you’re good to go. It lifts the rear tire like half an inch off the ground, making it super easy to rotate for chain maintenance.

E8871E24-23DB-40C2-AAFF-E6E5AA3B0115.jpeg D754613D-071C-48F7-8151-E385904FEA69.jpeg 13107677-8B87-4912-B67C-43397C6B2168.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts