Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Rebel 500 and i need some help to install my K&N air filter my manual doesnt have the instructions to change the air filter, hi think its behind the left side cover but i dont.t now how to take it off.

Tanks guys

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The side covers are held on by plastic tabs inserted in rubber grommets in 3 corners of the cover. They come off by applying light pressure at the corners. You should be able to pull it straight out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. The side covers are held on by plastic tabs inserted in rubber grommets in 3 corners of the cover. They come off by applying light pressure at the corners. You should be able to pull it straight out.
Sorry that was not my question,did not express myself well, i want to now how i take off the air filter and repleace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tanks to all for your help and tips hi already install the filter this morning.

Merry Christmas and good rides on the Rebels

·
Registered
170 Posts
K&N

From what I hear, better air flow in. But! I also heard it leans out your fuel mixture. Which in turn they recommend a fuel controller, and also recommended at the least a slip-on muffler to allow the full capacity of air to flow in and out of the system for maximum horse power gains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts