Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pretty **** hot today so I only stayed long enough to ride the 2 bikes I was mainly interested in. The Bolt RSpec and MT-10.

I only wanted to ride the Bolt to compare it to the Rebel. The only things it has over the Rebel is the Torque (obviously lol) and the riding position. It's a little more comfortable for my height (5'5"). The engine and transmission aren't nearly as smooth as my Rebel (500) and the **** thing vibrates so bad that the mirrors are useless. Everything else, the Rebel does better. Even the boring round gauge of the Rebel is better. The Rebel you at least get some color lol.

The MT-10 I just decided to give a shot. Especially since I heard how great it is with it's borrowed engine from the R1. I'm not a fan of the Naked Sportsbikes but I've out grown the leaned over position that the Super Sports have. I've been going back and forth on pulling the trigger on a CBR1000RR but I sit on one and am reminded that I'm done with that riding position lol... Enter the MT-10...

...Holy ****. Me Gusta! It's going to be my next bike for sure. Riding position is great, power is great, has a slipper clutch, quick shifter... And it can be had for cheaper than the CBR1000RR.

I'm smitten right now...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mt-10 is not too tall for you?
Most bikes are "too tall" for me in terms of flat footing but as long I can tip toe on one foot at stops, I'm good. Doesn't bother me.

The one they had at the Demo actually had the sport seat option that made the seat height a little higher/taller but it was still manageable for me. The standard factory seat would have made it a little easier though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts