Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What did you do to mount the license plate? That looks great. Very clean.
We actually just used the same mounting plates from the old brick tail lights just without the eyesore of a tail light block. Once you take it apart you can piece back together the mounting bracket that held the whole thing together and you get what I have. The only this is you have those two spare mounting holes right above my plate you can see. Basically, I didn't buy anything new to mount the plate as you see it there :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
We actually just used the same mounting plates from the old brick tail lights just without the eyesore of a tail light block. Once you take it apart you can piece back together the mounting bracket that held the whole thing together and you get what I have. The only this is you have those two spare mounting holes right above my plate you can see. Basically, I didn't buy anything new to mount the plate as you see it there :)
Perfect. Ok. I plan on filling those holes with something simple like I did when I flipped my mirrors and left holes in the brackets on the handlebars. My bike is matte black, so it should be even less noticeable with the holes plugged I would think?

Great job. Thanks for replying so quickly. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Perfect. Ok. I plan on filling those holes with something simple like I did when I flipped my mirrors and left holes in the brackets on the handlebars. My bike is matte black, so it should be even less noticeable with the holes plugged I would think?

Great job. Thanks for replying so quickly. :)
Yeah with a black bike you should have zero trouble plugging those holes to make it virtually unnoticeable unless you knew what you were looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so punny thread name aside, my bike isn't named yet.

Anyways, yesterday my buddy and I finished installing all new lighting and new grips. Figured I'd post the mod progress so far. I have other projects in mind but these were the top priority ones because I thought the stock lighting on this bike was frankly disgusting (in my opinion, to each their own), and the stock grips were functional, but not pretty. So here's some shots of my Rebel as it sits at home right now.

Projects Done:
(+) Front Torpedo turn signals
(+) Rear Torpedo turn signals
(+) LED Halo headlight (RGB ring currently set to red though it looks a little pink in the images)
(+) Grips
(+) Single small side-bag (for now, second one coming later)
Hello, I found the MDH Torpedo tail lights at steadygarage but where did you find the front torpedoes signal lights?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts