Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new IXIL exhaust arrived today.

Fitting took about 10 minutes max. I'm really pleased with the fit and aesthetics of the bike now.

Before from the back.

With IXIL.

From the front, original looks like a MK48 Torpedo.

The IXIL is much more streamlined.

A nice side presentation.

And one last shot from the rear.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does look better than the original one .Bet it sounds better too

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
This one was a close 2nd option for me, but the tipping point became the darn logo that they slap onto the piece... I can't stand that, like a clean and nice look on things, not some darn oversized logo sticking out there...
But! You've got to get some noise from it shared with us!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
This one was a close 2nd option for me, but the tipping point became the darn logo that they slap onto the piece... I can't stand that, like a clean and nice look on things, not some darn oversized logo sticking out there...
But! You've got to get some noise from it shared with us!!
Looks way cooler but I'm hyper sensitive to compression.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks great Jim!
I agree with Lyoko re the logo, is it a sticker and can it be removed?
Also please send us a clip of the sound, including a drive by if you can. I've said before, I'm very keen to change the exhaust to something rumblier but I can't have it too loud.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Looks great Jim!
I agree with Lyoko re the logo, is it a sticker and can it be removed?
Also please send us a clip of the sound, including a drive by if you can. I've said before, I'm very keen to change the exhaust to something rumblier but I can't have it too loud.

Cheers
The logo is a plate it seems, and there are two screws on it. If they actually hold it or are just for the look of it I don't know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You little tease...

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
OK, here's the result.

The name plate was held on by two stainless steel blind rivets (pop rivets). They were extremely hard to drill out due to the hard mandrel slug left in the centre of the rivet. Once I got them drilled, the plate came off and I used hi-temp epoxy to seal the holes and to stop the rivet bulbs from rattling around.

It's a lot easier to put up with two tiny dimples rather than a huge garish plate.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
OK, here's the result.

The name plate was held on by two stainless steel blind rivets (pop rivets). They were extremely hard to drill out due to the hard mandrel slug left in the centre of the rivet. Once I got them drilled, the plate came off and I used hi-temp epoxy to seal the holes and to stop the rivet bulbs from rattling around.

It's a lot easier to put up with two tiny dimples rather than a huge garish plate.

Yep it looks much better.

Kenny G:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Just removing that made a huge difference!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's what I'm thinking. Opinions???? 19.75 inches

Richard do you have a link to more info on this and where it can be bought? Looks good, I prefer the length as opposed to some of the stubby, short slip ons out there. (Not to be judgemental of course. Size doesn't matter as long as it does the job hey?:wink2:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Richard do you have a link to more info on this and where it can be bought? Looks good, I prefer the length as opposed to some of the stubby, short slip ons out there. (Not to be judgemental of course. Size doesn't matter as long as it does the job hey?:wink2:)
eBay or Amazon; VooDoo Industries VC403B Black Universal Cafe Style Exhaust Pipe*

Also comes in chrome

·
Registered
221 Posts
eBay or Amazon; VooDoo Industries VC403B Black Universal Cafe Style Exhaust Pipe*

Also comes in chrome

Mostly a hollow tube. The price itself speaks volume of this engineering marvel. If I remember it was around $60. You’d also need to get/ make an adapter to fit the cat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mostly a hollow tube. The price itself speaks volume of this engineering marvel. If I remember it was around $60. You’d also need to get/ make an adapter to fit the cat.
Figured it was a tad more then a straight pipe. There is a small baffle. So it won't bolt right on?

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Figured it was a tad more then a straight pipe. There is a small baffle. So it won't bolt right on?

Well, it might bolt right on to the bike, but would you want to? Seeing as the pipe from the cat sits at an upwards angle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts