Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced my OEM brake pads with EBC HH Sintered pads and i gotta say I'm very impressed. It was a 20 minute job and it has transformed my braking performance entirely. Much less pressure is required at the lever and they are strong enough to make the front ABS cut in on dry roads if you grab a fist full.
I'd advise against fitting them on non-ABS models though, as they could catch you out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've replaced my OEM brake pads with EBC HH Sintered pads and i gotta say I'm very impressed. It was a 20 minute job and it has transformed my braking performance entirely. Much less pressure is required at the lever and they are strong enough to make the front ABS cut in on dry roads if you grab a fist full.
I'd advise against fitting them on non-ABS models though, as they could catch you out.
Where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I get the model # of the ones you bought? I would also like to change my brakes.
I found it quite difficult to find the part numbers that i needed too. Basically i took the OEM part numbers for the honda brake pads (front - 06455K40F11, rear - 06435MGZJ01) and searched online for other bike models that used these same pads, then looked up the pads for that machine on the EBC website. Right up until mine arrived i was a little unsure as to whether i had ordered the correct ones or not. The pads that arrived fit and work perfectly, so i'm happy that i fitted the correct ones. The EBC part numbers that you are after are FA196HH & FA140HH

·
Registered
182 Posts
I found it quite difficult to find the part numbers that i needed too. Basically i took the OEM part numbers for the honda brake pads (front - 06455K40F11, rear - 06435MGZJ01) and searched online for other bike models that used these same pads, then looked up the pads for that machine on the EBC website. Right up until mine arrived i was a little unsure as to whether i had ordered the correct ones or not. The pads that arrived fit and work perfectly, so i'm happy that i fitted the correct ones. The EBC part numbers that you are after are FA196HH & FA140HH
Thank you, I really appreciate it. Are you getting any noise with your new pads? I see reviews and most complain that they are loud.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I really appreciate it. Are you getting any noise with your new pads? I see reviews and most complain that they are loud.
there is a noise , but its certainly not an unpleasant noise and definitely not loud. I find the sound given by the brakes is a useful part of the feedback as i can hear how hard they are working. If you've ever put sintered pads on a mountain bike you will be familiar with the sound. its a combination of sounding like the whirr of a small DC motor combined with an almost "fizzing" sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts