Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you bought it new from dealer, have them tighten it and double check all the parts they put on after unboxing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you bought it new from dealer, have them tighten it and double check all the parts they put on after unboxing.
I sent a message for the salesperson last night. I’m waiting to hear back. The dealer is about 45 miles away and I’m not really wanting to drive it that far for them to tighten it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually you don't want to ride it at all with it that loose. You need an 8 mm Allen wrench to tighten the mounting bolts. Once tight, take it back to the dealer and have them go over the entire bike.
Thank you!

Where did your get that orange kick stand footing plate?
The kickstand was tearing up my garage carpet. I got it on amazon for $5. It’s perfect. PLASTIC MOTORCYCLE KICKSTAND PLATE BIKER'S KICK STAND PAD ORANGE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010TEDBXO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_681KDb1S7HMYF

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you send them that video?
I did and I'm waiting to hear back. I'm going to buy an allen wrench set and tighten it. I dropped my bike in the garage the day they delivered it and did damage to the clutch handle. It's possible it's damaged from the drop.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent the service manager the video to his cell phone. I tightened it myself. He said he would like me to come by so we can go over the entire bike together and do a safety check. I'm about 45 miles away and don't really want to ride there because it's mostly highway. I've never ridden on a highway and don't intend to anytime soon. They will come pick up my bike for the first service call so it will have to wait until then. I'll keep my eye on things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts