Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a way to reduce vibration and hand (muscle) cramping I recently bought a pair of the KURYAKYN Gloss Black Kinetic Grips after reading a few previous posts.
I now have the grip installation instructions and have 2 questions I would appreciate answers to;

(1) On the 2020 Honda Rebel 500 _ Does it have the Open-End or Closed-End throttle sleeve?

(2) Is the throttle sleeve made of hard plastic?
I cannot tell by looking at the grip mfg'ers photo.
{from the instructions; "When cutting away (with a razor knife) the existing grips, be certain not to cut through the throttle sleeve."}
I am not embarrassed to say I am hesitant to take a razor knife to my new bike..

No, I am not gripping the throttle tightly while riding; over the last few years my hand has started to cramp when using small screw drivers and pliers...

Thanks All...

·
Registered
374 Posts
the plastic throttle sleeve has a closed end

if you are uncomfortable cutting grips with a utility knife use a heat gun on the grips with just enough heat to loosen the glue allowing the grips to be pulled/twisted off

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plastic throttle sleeve has a closed end

if you are uncomfortable cutting grips with a utility knife use a heat gun on the grips to loosen the glue to slide the grips off

Thanks > I will try this Tuesday afternoon > "...use a heat gun on the grips to loosen the glue to slide the grips off ."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Solved the problem with my Rebel, went with "Grip Puppies" and a Throttle Rocker.
Super easy install & total investment was about $35. Cdn.
Lessens vibrations & adds a little "heft" to the grips. Wouldn't even ride highway without
my $10. (?) Throttle Rocker. Solves the old hands cramping up problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved the problem with my Rebel, went with "Grip Puppies" and a Throttle Rocker.
Lessens vibrations & adds a little "heft" to the grips. Wouldn't even ride highway without
Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What size grip puppies did you use?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts