Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love a sprung saddle. Where did it come from? Were you able to use the original fixing points (with hammering, of course)?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ebay. Just the tank bolt . Trimmed the bottom plate that came with the spring seat to make it snug and hammered it to confirm the bottom . Rubber mallet . I can take better pics if you're interested . No lateral movement whatsoever. It's like I'm riding on air too. Sometimes I like riding thru potholes ha ha .cushy

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank you. I fitted a sprung saddle to a TDM 900 and still feel they are the best. But I do not ride so much now so maybe not worth making the change. I am sure you've done the right thing there.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just some cutting,some hammering and some cursing.got to make it fit. Butt friendly too.
good job. i've seen that seat around when i first bought my bike and was looking at alternatives. wasn't sure if i wanted to attempt the fitment, and/or if I'd like a spring seat (never had one)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good job. i've seen that seat around when i first bought my bike and was looking at alternatives. wasn't sure if i wanted to attempt the fitment, and/or if I'd like a spring seat (never had one)
I love it. Rode today. It feel like my butt Is floating on air. Very cushy . feels Like riding a Cadillac while I’m on the freeway at speed. it looks old school too Which is what I’m aiming at.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The one I fitted was the Terry-Lycette type. You sit on 9 springs with the further 2 at the back. 11 springs between you and the bike is 'magic'. I assume yours, Pogiboy11, is a solid moulded plastic seat. Is obviously great though. What do those rear springs fix onto at the bottom? Is it the plate? And how is the plate fixed? Sorry for the interrogation but I am becoming more interested.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The one I fitted was the Terry-Lycette type. You sit on 9 springs with the further 2 at the back. 11 springs between you and the bike is 'magic'. I assume yours, Pogiboy11, is a solid moulded plastic seat. Is obviously great though. What do those rear springs fix onto at the bottom? Is it the plate? And how is the plate fixed? Sorry for the interrogation but I am becoming more interested.
Mine is just the cheap 70$ one from eBay.looks like it’s made from metal plate. It comes with a base plate . Heres a link Black Solo Seat Spring Base Mounting For Yamaha V Star 1100 950 650 250 Bobber | eBay you select Honda rebel and it shows it fits but only after some cutting Bending and pounding .

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
An update. Just arrived from a 100 mile ride. Definitely like heaven.so cushy. No vibration felt on the seat at freeway speeds . So no more numbnuts and no more sore butt ha ha . Love it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You’ll love it. “Tip” . You can adjust the rake of the seat by adding washers on the front end .by the gas tank. I added 4 washers and it’s perfect. I don’t slide forward . Mannn, it’s the best seat mod I think. I don’t feel those bumps on the road. It’s like floating on air. Careful not to cut too much. You want the back end of the plate to slide under The bracket on the rear end to keep the seat in place. Look at my pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts