Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bought them online from the Honda accessory shop. Left side bag is 14 liters and right side bag is 10 liters in size with waterproof inner liners. The cover is adjusted by two straps that can be cinched down to various heights depending on how full you fill the bags. The bags are easily removed from the mounting brackets with the push of a lever and each comes with an attached handle and supplied shoulder straps that can be attached to the D-rings on the bag for easy carrying.

Registered
I just ordered these exact bags today. (After looking for a month - trying to decide what I want...) Thanks for posting the pics! They look great! Looking forward to getting these on my bike.

Registered
These are great looking bags. I was tempted to add them on at the dealership when I was buying my Rebel but the cost was eyewatering. How much were they (including brackets) if you don't mind me asking.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Pogiboy11

Registered
Unfortunately, they don't sell direct in Australia as far as I'm aware.

I was quoted nearly $1000 AUD by the dealer.

Registered
they look great @rws thanks for showing so many pix so we get the idea of all the views necessary! hope they work well for you

Registered
2019 Rebel 500 ABS
I've been considering these, so I appreciate you posting so many pictures.

Have you used the backpack option yet? If so, how well do the bags function that way? (are the straps uncomfortable? Do they slip? Etc.) Backpack functionality is the main appeal of these bags to me. I'm not expecting them to be terrific backpacks but if they suck then that's definitely a deterrent for me. Thanks!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Have you used the backpack option yet? If so, how well do the bags function that way? (are the straps uncomfortable? Do they slip? Etc.) Backpack functionality is the main appeal of these bags to me. I'm not expecting them to be terrific backpacks but if they suck then that's definitely a deterrent for me. Thanks!

they do not carry as a backpack but have a strap to attach to the two D-rings on top of each bag to be carried as a shoulder bag

Reactions: Beck

Registered

If the backpack functionality is what you're after, you might have some luck with the TripMachine backpack panniers. They're not as plug and play on the Rebel as these back, but they are reasonably well priced for all leather panniers.

Backpack or not, these saddlebags looks very well made and the quick-release system looks so convenient!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts