Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Why? What was a problem?

Seat surface size/shaping and padding material has a lot to do with how long I can comfortably stay in the saddle before my butt starts hurting.

Mustang compared to OEM...a little larger and more comfortable

Mustang compared to a touring saddle from my Valkyrie...I can spend much more time on the Valkyrie seat before needing a break.

A large comfortable seat on the small Rebel would not fit the bikes style

Reactions: flyinbrianbmx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Btw, all your pictures disappeared.

patience grasshopper...the photo hosting site is apparently temporarily down

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Why? What was a problem?

re-posted pictures from a different hosting site...the site I normally use is still down

Seat surface size/shaping and padding material has a lot to do with how long I can comfortably stay in the saddle before my butt starts hurting.

Mustang compared to OEM...a little larger and more comfortable

Mustang compared to a touring saddle from my Valkyrie...I can spend much more time on the Valkyrie seat before needing a break.

A large comfortable seat on the small Rebel would not fit the bikes style

Reactions: mrded

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Can you post a link to the specific mustang seat you purchased? I'm not finding one that states it will fit the Rebel. Thanks!

part # 84000 Tripper Solo Seat fits the Rebel 300/500 '17-'19 as shown on their site...

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’ve contacted a couple of UK resellers, they don’t seem to have the seat yet.

I really like it, I may order it myself from the US.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts
The mustang seat looks great! I was looking at upgrades for my seat because it's super uncomfortable and doesn't do much for the bike. Ordered this seat after seeing how good it looked on your bike! Cant wait to get mine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The mustang seat looks great! I was looking at upgrades for my seat because it's super uncomfortable and doesn't do much for the bike. Ordered this seat after seeing how good it looked on your bike! Cant wait to get mine!
You'll love it. it's a wee bit quirky to get used to - it does move you forward about an inch, and is thicker than the stock seat but not much actually higher under compression....but it's definitely better than any other seat I've had. Once you break it in, I think they claim about 200 mile break-in, it is super comfortable. Sure it's no super saddle or goldwing lazy-boy cushion, but it opens the doors for multiple hour long rides easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the tip! Mine is on backorder so I won't have it for at least 6-8 weeks. Hope they send it sooner tho because that factory seat is terrible. Your bike looks good! That seat really makes it look clean.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts