Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed something that looked odd to me and I'm pretty sure it's an issue...

When I turn on my left or right indicator, the both left and right indicators on my instrument panel flash instead of the side I turned on...

Any ideas? I'm gonna call the dealer I bought it from probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess they figure you should know which way you are turning and to cancel it you just have to push it like a button instead of to the opposite left or right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got new rebel 500 this week and one things I noticed is that the turn signal. The switch is a little hard, and sometimes I have to push it more than once to get the turn signal on. The turn signal switch on the bike I used in the riding school was so smooth and sensitive.

Is that normal or should I get it checked?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I got new rebel 500 this week and one things I noticed is that the turn signal. The switch is a little hard, and sometimes I have to push it more than once to get the turn signal on. The turn signal switch on the bike I used in the riding school was so smooth and sensitive.

Is that normal or should I get it checked?
How big are your hands?

I have smaller hands, and if I just reach with my thumb, I tend to push both in and sideways, instead of just sideways, so the switch doesn't travel as far and it doesn't work.

If I release my grip, just leaving my fingers on the grip, I can move my hand far enough that I can then easily move the switch either left or right, and it works no problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think this is normal, because I have this effect too. I encountered, there are 2 resistance points for each side, left or right: the first after the neutral position and the 2nd where the turn lights goes on. The first point of resistance seems to have no function. In the start of riding the Rebel, I switched only to the first point and no turn signals switched on.
I wonder, why there is this first resistance point?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have trouble with the turn signal too, I often have to press/switch it multiple times. I figured it was just the design, but I must be doing what CueBaller said and I'm pushing it in and over. Thanks for the advice, I'll have to watch out for that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts