Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can’t decide which turn signals are best for front and rear. Looking for something on the smaller end. I’m also looking for decent front turn signal fork clamp/bracket. The pictures shown below are currently the ones I’m eyeing but no idea if they are any good. I numbered them 1-4. Let me know which ones you like or if you have anything better for me to consider.

Thanks!

Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Your picture num 4 fork clamps.
Depending where you get them, but I found they were very difficult to secure, you locate a tab from one part to a slot in the other, then you squeeze as hard as you can before even getting the bolt on.

My opinion, try the machined set.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do not get the number 2 signals!!!! Visit the turn signal woes post if you want more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also I bought your number 1 option. Terrible mistake. I've had to purchase 4 sets of them because they stopped working a few rides after installation. And they arent very bright. They are a cheap option, but I'd go for something of better quality. I decided to go with these https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-led-mini-bullet-marker-lights and I believe they will last the majority of the bikes life.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Best to leave the turn signals alone. They work and the size is a safety thing. I saw a bike today where the turn signals were about the size of a bottle cap. I can see them, but that's because I look for them. I can't imagine that some car only driver would notice them.
Also there seems to be quality issues. I can't understand why one would take off perfectly good quality parts to replace them with inferior junk. That also applies to exhausts, silly looking handle bars, ugly seats and other parts of the bike.

This bike is lovely as is. It handles great, has some guts and is lightweight. I really don't get why some people feel the need to turn it into a fugly thing that handles like ****.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Best to leave the turn signals alone. They work and the size is a safety thing. I saw a bike today where the turn signals were about the size of a bottle cap. I can see them, but that's because I look for them. I can't imagine that some car only driver would notice them.
Also there seems to be quality issues. I can't understand why one would take off perfectly good quality parts to replace them with inferior junk. That also applies to exhausts, silly looking handle bars, ugly seats and other parts of the bike.

This bike is lovely as is. It handles great, has some guts and is lightweight. I really don't get why some people feel the need to turn it into a fugly thing that handles like ****.
It's all a matter of opinion and perspective :smile2:
You may like green, and I don't. I may like blue, but you don't. But does that mean that neither one of us should be able to choose what we like our self? No, ofc not.

·
Banned
247 Posts
I too have found it difficult to find options that I find aesthetically pleasing as well, lights at the top of that list! I need to find some documentation for the US and my state to see what the requirements are for brake/turn signal lights in 1. The item I want to most change is the rear brick but most options I've found so far just aren't really 'my' style.

Hondora,

If you find the stock look of the Rebel then that's awesome, but for 30+ years the Rebel has had a motto of "Make it your own" which many people are happy to do so, personally it's one of the reasons I chose the Rebel as my first bike, if I can customize it to fit me, then I'm less likely to want to sell it when I grow out of it perhaps opting to just have a second bike if my Rebel still makes me happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your picture num 4 fork clamps.

Depending where you get them, but I found they were very difficult to secure, you locate a tab from one part to a slot in the other, then you squeeze as hard as you can before even getting the bolt on.

My opinion, try the machined set.

Thanks for this. I also read some reviews about it and a lot didn’t have anything good to say. I’ll keep looking around for other better options.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also I bought your number 1 option. Terrible mistake. I've had to purchase 4 sets of them because they stopped working a few rides after installation. And they arent very bright. They are a cheap option, but I'd go for something of better quality. I decided to go with these https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-led-mini-bullet-marker-lights and I believe they will last the majority of the bikes life.

Thanks man! I really like the look of option 1. I was having a hard time looking for the good quality ones. I always end up finding these bullet lights on amazon or eBay. Thanks for the link. Also, did you have the new lights install front and rear? Wanted to know if they came in 2 or 3 wires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Honestly at first I didn’t want to make any changes. But that’s exactly what I said about my Honda Grom before I made all kinds of mods. And I don’t regret a single changed I made to it. I was able to get to know my bike better and I learned to appreciate it more and more. Shoot I even became so strict with people even touching it. I even wiped it down almost everyday lol and I still do. I’m hoping to do the same with the Honda Rebel. I enjoy pampering my bikes and making them look special. Plus it gives me something to do.

I know the Rebel looks good already but I just really think the brake lights and turn signal lights just ruin the whole look of the new Rebel design has to offer.

But thank you for your opinion though.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Honestly at first I didn’t want to make any changes. But that’s exactly what I said about my Honda Grom before I made all kinds of mods. And I don’t regret a single changed I made to it. I was able to get to know my bike better and I learned to appreciate it more and more. Shoot I even became so strict with people even touching it. I even wiped it down almost everyday lol and I still do. I’m hoping to do the same with the Honda Rebel. I enjoy pampering my bikes and making them look special. Plus it gives me something to do.

I know the Rebel looks good already but I just really think the brake lights and turn signal lights just ruin the whole look of the new Rebel design has to offer.

But thank you for your opinion though.

I kind of wanted to get a Grom but at 6ft 275lbs neither me nor the salesman thought it would have enough go for me, and I agree.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't like the look of the brick but it's BIG and that's a good enough reason to keep it because I don't trust dreaming, playing with their mobile phone car drivers to see the smaller, prettier back lights.

I have the rebel because of the seat height but I really like the look of the Kawasaki Z300 (in green).

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wish you had a better thread title. Can admins update it? It's really hard to navigate between such threads.. thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts