Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Left screw is stripped. The last one too 😐 What do I do now?
If it is the head of the Allen bolt stripped you can take a Torx bit that is tight and pound the bit in with a hammer and then twist the Torx bit out with a Vice Grip Pliers.

Good Luck,

Kenny G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Left screw is stripped. The last one too 😐 What do I do now?
If it is the head of the Allen bolt stripped you can take a Torx bit that is tight and pound the bit in with a hammer and then twist the Torx bit out with a Vice Grip Pliers.

Good Luck,

Kenny G

Thanks so much for the help dude! I ended up dremeling this sumbitch. I dremeled the middle of the screw, carved it with a flathead, then a Phillips head, then I put a Allen key socket back in, carved around until the edges caught. I don’t know how, but it was just enough to loosen it and then I unscrewed the rest with my fingers. I don’t know how, but I’ll take it! I honestly couldn’t have done this without the Allen key socket I picked up today. I can’t see myself using regular Allen keys anymore lol, these sockets are CLUTCH! Thank you, Kenny! 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You are more than welcome.

I didn't realize you were skilled with a Dremel too or I may have suggested a slot for straight bit.

Kenny G

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are more than welcome.

I didn't realize you were skilled with a Dremel too or I may have suggested a slot for straight bit.

Kenny G
I probably used a Dremel once for 15 minutes and it’s sat in my garage since then. I figured the screw was already stripped, so it couldn’t get worse and went to town lol. Thanks again man 🤘🏻

·
Registered
527 Posts
Impact gun Impact gun IMPACT GUN!!

I realized I'd be stripping my all my nuts and bolts on how tight honda put these in from the factory.
Never had a problem once I started using an impact gun to loosen things first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts