51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lads I finally got rid of the brick
A little work but looks heaps better - all for under $150 in parts

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where did you run the turn signal wires now that they are in the fender?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Where did you run the turn signal wires now that they are in the fender?
Thanks!

?? You know, the original wires also run inside the fender, so it ain't like he changed anything in regards of placement or anything such. Most likely he just shortened them since the lights are placed closer to the bike now than before.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well the wires actually run between the two pieces of the fender and enter a channel (so they don't get pinched) at the rear. Now, it seems to me, the turn signal wires would come out under the whole fender unit. So I guess my question is how did he run the wires to the channel between the two pieces of fender? Cut a hole in the bottom piece or run them to the rear again? Hope this all makes sense. It seems like it would make most sense to cut a hole.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Well your question certainly makes more sense now.
I've not had the joy myself to dismount the fender and tackle the wiring for new lights, but it's to come in the near future.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know that. But don't the wires from the turn signals come out under both pieces of the fender now that they have replaced those two bolts? It seems as though they would have to. If so did he cut a hole in the bottom piece so he could feed the wire into that channel at those locations? Hope I'm making sense here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well your question certainly makes more sense now.
I've not had the joy myself to dismount the fender and tackle the wiring for new lights, but it's to come in the near future.

I’m just starting it. Should be getting some help from a friend with much more experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
You can run all the wires simultaneously between the fender and the fender bracket arms.
The bracket arms have enough space to feed the wires at the recess where the rubber pads are.

I chose to mount my turn signals on the dampers rather than the fender, but using the brackets pictured below. The signal wires were very easy to feed through to the under seat socket.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can run all the wires simultaneously between the fender and the fender bracket arms.

The bracket arms have enough space to feed the wires at the recess where the rubber pads are.

I chose to mount my turn signals on the dampers rather than the fender, but using the brackets pictured below. The signal wires were very easy to feed through to the under seat socket.

Thanks Twizz. Do you have a pic of your setup?

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Thanks Twizz. Do you have a pic of your setup?

The turn signal brackets I purchased, but should be easy to make if anyone else wants to mount their lights on the damper.
The brake light has flashers too but chose not to wire them in. I use that LED for stop/running function only.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
The turn signal brackets I purchased, but should be easy to make if anyone else wants to mount their lights on the damper.

The brake light has flashers too but chose not to wire them in. I use that LED for stop/running function only.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
118 Posts

In this pic which of those connectors is which? I'm working on something and need to access the brake light, running light and both Left and right turn signals.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts