Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urgh! I went for a nice ride today and it was AWESOME! About 85 miles or so, unplanned, but luckily I made it home only passing my Break-In Oil-Change target by 1/10th of a mile (did I just void my warranty by missing the 500 mile mark?).

I ordered some Honda oil-filters and Honda oil a few days back, but it still hasn't shipped (shakes fist at Amazon).

So now I wait. It's parked, so I don't "abuse" it, and I want to follow the guidelines. It's going to be a LONG week... :|

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Urgh! I went for a nice ride today and it was AWESOME! About 85 miles or so, unplanned, but luckily I made it home only passing my Break-In Oil-Change target by 1/10th of a mile (did I just void my warranty by missing the 500 mile mark?).

I ordered some Honda oil-filters and Honda oil a few days back, but it still hasn't shipped (shakes fist at Amazon).

So now I wait. It's parked, so I don't "abuse" it, and I want to follow the guidelines. It's going to be a LONG week... :|
Well the first change isn't due to 600 miles so you are fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the first change isn't due to 600 miles so you are fine.
Oh, snap?! I was shooting for 500 like I knew something. I guess I should read (more of) my manual! :nerd:

"Someone who isn't me" got her up to 94mph today on the speedo, which perfectly matched my GPS. That's pretty cool, most accurate speedo I've ever encountered. and counted.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I had a trip with mine and that trip would throw it over the oil change point. I asked my dealer if this was ok to do, or if I had to change before it.
They said it wasn't a big deal, so I had my first change at around 740 miles on the clock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts