Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to remove the bolt no success. Almost stripped already. Using 3/16 hex head. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah some of the bolts are laughably tight. When we replaced my headlight in my buddy's garage, we put the Alan key on the bolt and then pulled the bar off his floor jack and stuck that on the end for extra leverage. That made a horrific crack as the seating finally broke on there but it was fine, just on there like the existence of planet earth depended on it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Tried to remove the bolt no success. Almost stripped already. Using 3/16 hex head. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
You need a 5 MM Metric Allen that is part of a socket so you can put a breaker bar on it. If you have a soldering iron clean the old solder off of the tip and hold it inside the Allen head and get it good and hot before trying to break it loose.

Good Luck,

Kenny G

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah some of the bolts are laughably tight. When we replaced my headlight in my buddy's garage, we put the Alan key on the bolt and then pulled the bar off his floor jack and stuck that on the end for extra leverage. That made a horrific crack as the seating finally broke on there but it was fine, just on there like the existence of planet earth depended on it.

I had the same issue with one of the hex bolts to install the left peddle for the passenger seat. It ended up getting stripped and I had to use a extractor drill kit to remove the thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts