Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, i removed the tank for painting (painted tank and heck fender black-grey silky matt. Not professional but i am ok with the result, i will show you some photos ;)) (did not remove pump, hoses, etc, just loosened the tank and liftet it a bit). When i put everything back, i had some trouble with the short hose on the right side (looking like riding). I managed to fit it back to the tank, but im afraid, it isnt very sturdy and might slip off again. Also i have the feeling, that the tank is not fitting 100% back in the right position, there is a gap between the tank and the frame.

Is it possible, that i did not installed it right? I am a little bit concernded, because the tank is holded by just one screw... do you have this gap too? And what does the hose? (I dont think for fuel, but i do not know - maybe for air or spilled fuel in the inside of the tank?)

I would be very thankful for any tips!
Best regards

·
Registered
589 Posts
If tank sits flush with rubber cushion, you're golden; with hose you think thicker one? Without clamp on it- it looks like it should be that way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I now think, the gap looks bigger than before, because the painting is more different. The hose didnt have a clamp, it was slippy on the tank. But there is a clamp under the tank, not on a hose, but maybe to attach the tank on the frame? I did not attached this back, too...Sorry for the difficult explanation and any language failes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, great video, just a quick question. Is the fuel line self sealing when removing it from the bottom of the tank? I have to remove the tank and its quite full, so don't want fuel everywhere when I remove the pipework.
Old school bikes had a petrol tap and you knew whether it was on or off!
Many thanks.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hello, great video, just a quick question. Is the fuel line self sealing when removing it from the bottom of the tank? I have to remove the tank and its quite full, so don't want fuel everywhere when I remove the pipework.
Old school bikes had a petrol tap and you knew whether it was on or off!
Many thanks.
get yourself a free shop manual in the pinned post at the top of this link Honda Rebel 300, 500, and 1100. (reddit.com)

yes it is

the video in the OP's post is incorrect on how to disconnect the fuel line fitting...get the manual above and look at section 7 Fuel System on how to do it or scroll down in that video's comments to my (rws53) response on proper procedure

also you are supposed to relieve fuel pressure in the line before disconnecting it...disconnect the pump electrical connector and then start bike and let it run till it quits

1 - 8 of 8 Posts