Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, i removed the tank for painting (painted tank and heck fender black-grey silky matt. Not professional but i am ok with the result, i will show you some photos ;)) (did not remove pump, hoses, etc, just loosened the tank and liftet it a bit). When i put everything back, i had some trouble with the short hose on the right side (looking like riding). I managed to fit it back to the tank, but im afraid, it isnt very sturdy and might slip off again. Also i have the feeling, that the tank is not fitting 100% back in the right position, there is a gap between the tank and the frame.

Is it possible, that i did not installed it right? I am a little bit concernded, because the tank is holded by just one screw... do you have this gap too? And what does the hose? (I dont think for fuel, but i do not know - maybe for air or spilled fuel in the inside of the tank?)

I would be very thankful for any tips!
Best regards

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I now think, the gap looks bigger than before, because the painting is more different. The hose didnt have a clamp, it was slippy on the tank. But there is a clamp under the tank, not on a hose, but maybe to attach the tank on the frame? I did not attached this back, too...Sorry for the difficult explanation and any language failes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts