Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have removed the rear fender now om ny Honda cmx 500 S (2020 mod)
But how do i mount the seat again?
Is There any after market products?
or can i make It myself?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
unless they changed how the seat mounts, it still attaches to the metal plate that sits below the frame ring. unless you didn't reinstall everything else when you removed the fender

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seat mount was attatched the rear fender. So when i removed the fender - the seat mount was removed with the fender..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reply, yes i have. But was interesting in doing it without buying the whole rear fender he did only for the mounting.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I just did a parts search and it looks like they have changed the seat mount from 17-19 compared to 20. but without pictures, or having the new model, I can't tell you what you should be looking at.
I still find it hard to believe that 'seat mounting stay' is connected to the rear fender and can't be installed separately

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is the picture. As you see the mounting is on the fender. So now i cant mount the seat. Its like nothing to attached the seat

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ahh yes now i remember. I did order the brackets from Zeed parts (thailand) that come with their shorty rear fender set (they were able to ship just the brackets when I asked ) for $60.
they worked well while I was using that setup. I still have them, even though I'm not using them, never know when I might switch back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts