Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2019 300 w/ ABS last Saturday for roughly $5500 OTD (I added a helmet, a jacket, and cover for a few hundred more). I am horrible at negotiating so I didn’t even try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last night, purchased 2019 Candy Orange 500 ABS. Couldn't be more excited. I Love it!

bike $6299
freight fee $ 380
dealer markup $ 562 (annoying)
title/fees galore $ 294
tax $ 678 (goodNIGHT)
=====
$8213
minus trade -$1200
=====
$7012

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got a 5 mi 2018 Rebel 300 non-abs for 3913 including tax title and license.
Bike: 3470 OTD in Wisconsin
Illinois tax, etc: 443
as an added bonus it wasn’t even one of the recalled ones! Pretty excited as this is my first bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Several months ago I bought a used 2018 Rebel 500 with a Flyscreen windshield, TBR exhaust, who knows engine guard and Corbin seat already installed. With just under 1,100 miles on it and 4.5 years of Honda warranty left I paid $4,500 plus tax.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got the price for the new 2020 500 A and A2 at the weekend for Ireland. It's €7600 and €7900 for the A2. I took a picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealers around my area asking for 6000-6100 OTD for 2020 Rebel 300 ABS. Good deal or should I wait it out a few more months?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealers around my area asking for 6000-6100 OTD for 2020 Rebel 300 ABS. Good deal or should I wait it out a few more months?
Hope you've ridden the 500 as well. Its worth every bit of the extra money. I was in for a 300 but bought a 500. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a 2020 Rebel 500 ABS in black for $6500 plus tax and license. Dealer is Sun and Fun Motorsports in Iowa City, IA. I have bought a couple bikes from them and they are a good, no BS dealer. It's crazy what some other dealers wanted to rack up in fees on a new bike purchase.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a 18 Rebel 300 No ABS in 2020, Wisconsin.

$3,580 OTD with 500 miles on it. Starting to feel like I got one hell of a deal seeing these prices! I could imagine paying that much for this bike, though, it's really quite fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 500 ABS for 7400 OTD near Bay Area with 2% financing 0 down, had to call a couple of dealerships for the price, others were quoting 8k+.
what dealership did you buy from? I'm in the same boat looking to buy ABS 500 in the SF Bay Area

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, guys.

First time poster here. I spent two hours in my local dealer today. The sales guy couldn’t have been nicer. I was looking for it in black, and they didnt have it, so they knocked $100 off a gray model. I got down to $7,100 for a 2020 500 with ABS, out the door. As a final offer, I asked for 7 with no other concessions (first service, chain lube, etc). The sales manager came out and kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Long story short, I walked over 100 bucks. After I left the dealer, I called around and everyone said they couldn’t come close on that price. Did I make a mistake by walking?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi, guys.

First time poster here. I spent two hours in my local dealer today. The sales guy couldn’t have been nicer. I was looking for it in black, and they didnt have it, so they knocked $100 off a gray model. I got down to $7,100 for a 2020 500 with ABS, out the door. As a final offer, I asked for 7 with no other concessions (first service, chain lube, etc). The sales manager came out and kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Long story short, I walked over 100 bucks. After I left the dealer, I called around and everyone said they couldn’t come close on that price. Did I make a mistake by walking?
I don't know where you're located but I'd scope out Cycle Trader and consider having a bike shipped to you if it's a distance away. Shipping is usually a couple hundred bucks. Could be well worth it in the long run doing this versus paying more for a dealer nearby. The only hiccup could be if you're intending on getting a loan for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know where you're located but I'd scope out Cycle Trader and consider having a bike shipped to you if it's a distance away. Shipping is usually a couple hundred bucks. Could be well worth it in the long run doing this versus paying more for a dealer nearby. The only hiccup could be if you're intending on getting a loan for it.
Holypotatoes,

Thank you for your reply. The reason I’m second guessing walking away at this point is because, immediately after leaving the dealership today, I called and emailed around to other dealers. Every response I got was essentially, “you should’ve taken that deal.” Worst case, the bike is still in the box and not on the floor, so it will probably still be there tomorrow.

201 - 220 of 252 Posts