Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always carry my motorcycle's registration and insurance in my backpack.

I wonder how you carry yours.

I'm thinking of getting a swingarm saddlebag, so I can ride without my backpack.

But would it be too dangerous if I carry my paperwork in the swingarm saddlebag?

Thank you for your future comments.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I ended up getting one of these:

Stash Box Lockable License Plate Storage Box by DrySpec | TwistedThrottle.com

Its pretty low profile depending on how your license is mounted. I don't think its going to work or even look good if you side mount your plate. But I leave reg and insurance in there.
That is a good idea.

I carry my paperwork in my wallet and my wallet in a hip holster.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DQQ1RLU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kenny G

·
Registered
199 Posts
I carry a photocopy of mine in my riding backpack. Originals are at home, and I also have a copy of both in email if I ever lose the copies

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wouldn't want to leave it with the bike all the time and if I moved it back and forth I'd be scared of losing it. I just leave it in my backpack that I always ride with. Less to worry about.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a small water tight container at the outdoor gear store (Gander Mountain before they went under) that's about the size of a wallet. I throw it in my tail bag that has a TSA style lock on it. Honestly, it probably does more to keep the honest people honest but I've never had any problems with it. I have considered getting the lockable license plate box as was previously mentioned but I just haven't gotten around to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts