Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why in the WORLD did Honda decide to put on the stickers AND THEN spray the clear coat? I started taking one off (luckily only a tiny piece of a corner) and then stopped once I realized this.

Has anyone fully removed the stickers at all? I've only removed the Rebel sticker on the fender and the warning stickers on the tank.

Any potential downside to removing the Honda stickers and putting something over it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Downside is if you just wrap it there'll be an indent. You'd have to remove the stickers, wet sand down the clear coat, re-clear or paint, then wrap or put a new decal If you wanted too.

My brother is a body painter and my cousin owns a vinyl wrap shop...so I have no excuse for not doing mine already. Next project for the winter months. Cost...$0

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
It looks like even the CBR500 tank is quite different than the CMX500 and both tanks are different than the traditional tank with haunches over the frame tube.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think clear coating after putting the stickers on is pretty normal. It stops them from having to paint decals on every bike and allows the sticker to last as long as the tank does.

If you really want to remove the stickers, you best be is to take it to a automotive paint shop and explain to them you want to re clear coat it after removing the sticker. It will probably be a lot cheaper if you remove the tank yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think clear coating after putting the stickers on is pretty normal. It stops them from having to paint decals on every bike and allows the sticker to last as long as the tank does.

If you really want to remove the stickers, you best be is to take it to a automotive paint shop and explain to them you want to re clear coat it after removing the sticker. It will probably be a lot cheaper if you remove the tank yourself.
I'm just gonna leave the stickers on. My only concern now is the bare paint that is slightly exposed from my taking off a small corner of one of the stickers. Any suggestions to how I can protect it?

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
Harley gas tank

Yeah I know it's out there, came across one guy who had made his own tank for the Rebel (Thai chop shop maker)
Lyoko
I found those pics of another tank on the Rebel
I believe it’s a Harley 883 tank.. so yeah it can be done.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
The Harley Tank sits up too high just like the OEM tank...

Kenny G
True
When you compare pictures of both bikes with the Harley tank it doesn’t look right at all on the Rebel.
If your doing it solely to get more mileage on a run & don’t mind a dramatic change in aesthetic appearance.. then I guess good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
True
When you compare pictures of both bikes with the Harley tank it doesn’t look right at all on the Rebel.
If your doing it solely to get more mileage on a run & don’t mind a dramatic change in aesthetic appearance.. then I guess good luck with it.
Twiz, The engine on the Rebel is so tall there is not a lot that can be done to change the overall appearance by much. It is the same with the loop on the back of the frame as far as changing the seat.

I was chatting with a guy on Facebook that just installed a Scrambler Kit on his Rebel and he says the seat is uncomfortable. Again I think it is the frame loop.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Not the same as the one I saw however.
That one was much wider, not sure what name that tank style has, but it was a typical Harley cruiser tank. Wide at the top, narrow at the bottom, and not ridiculous high on the bike.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts