Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After riding my Honda Rebel for one year, I've finally decided to upgrade from the uncomfortable stock seat lol

I found 2 seats that I'm somewhat interested in but wanted to see all of your opinions for either:

1) If you prefer one of those seats from the other (or if you ever owned one of thse)
2) Have any other recommendations for seat replacements

The 2 seats I found are below:

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
honestly neither is going to be that great IMO. yes they'll be slightly better than stock, but in the long run if you want real comfort spend a little more money and buy either a Corbin, or Mustang seat.
well worth the money. corbin is $400ish, and mustang is about $500 for both seats (they're seperate not 1 piece) , or if you only need the front seat, it's 269ish (i believe their seats are 10% off right now)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just as Odin pointed out - both of those are most likely going to suck. They might be a bit better than the stock seat, but still won't be great.

I bought the Noi V2 seat ( Honda Rebel CMX 300 500 Black Color replacement seat double by noi 2017-2020 | eBay ) after finding out how bad the stock seat was on my 2019 500. I ran that for...basically a year, thinking it wasn't bad. And really, it wasn't that bad. It was better than stock, and for 120 something bucks, I thought it was good.Fast forward to now - I bought a mustang seat a month ago, and got it installed - It is a world of difference! So much more comfortable, support in all the right places, soft in the right places, and firm in the right places. The only thing I think I could possibly say something bad about the mustang seat, is that the flat material doesn't allow for a breeze the way a diamond pattern would let air squeeze through.

I also sold my old Noi V2 seat, to a local Rebel group memeber, who bought his rebel with what looks to be exactly that second seat. He said it was rock hard and not comfortable. Hell he wanted to buy my stock seat to begin with, because he figured it'd be more comfortable.

If you want comfortable, supportive, and a long lasting seat - go with either corbin or mustang. I've "heard" that the HRP super comfort seats are pretty good....but they are still Thailand seats (not saying anything bad about them, but I'd persoanlly prefer something with a pedigree of expertise in the area - both mustang and corbin are VERY well known and reputable companies).

In the end, after buying my seats and ending up where I am.....Save up and buy a GOOD seat. No point in spending half of a good seat for a mediocre seat, just to buy another down the road because it either isn't as comfortable as you thought, or it wore out and fell apart = it'll save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had that exact 2nd seat, it looks good and felt better than the stock seat for a few months before it became uncomfortable and very hard.

I went on to custom order a double seat from Corbin, before they offered the double-seat on their website. Genuine leather on top, customized every single detail about the seat, it was made exactly the way i requested. Feels great and quality is top-notch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your feedback, I really appreciate it! I totally agree with all your points and now I'm debating between the Mustang and Corbin seat. More learning towards Corbin at the moment due to price being a little better :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you typical see the mustang seat go on sale? My friend said when he bought his 3 months back for his Bolt that it was 40% off. Just trying to see if the 10% off is a good deal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with the Corbin and Mustang seats. I have the HRP Comfort Seat. If the stock seat is a 1 and the Mustang / Corbin are 10 then it's about a 5. Half the price of the quality ones and about half the comfort.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Do you typical see the mustang seat go on sale? My friend said when he bought his 3 months back for his Bolt that it was 40% off. Just trying to see if the 10% off is a good deal.
i've only been looking at their seats seriously for a few weeks/1 month. I just noticed a few days ago the price was reduced. emailed them and they didn't know how long the sale would last. i'm waiting for color swatches to come in the mail to determine what color I might choose

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've only been looking at their seats seriously for a few weeks/1 month. I just noticed a few days ago the price was reduced. emailed them and they didn't know how long the sale would last. i'm waiting for color swatches to come in the mail to determine what color I might choose
I also just emailed them and they informed me of the following "Currently, that is the only style. But you could do a custom order if you wanted to have a pattern, such as diamond stitching, in the center and you can choose a thread color. " So I'm waiting to see how this works :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the Corbin on my 500 two nights ago and took it out last night for the first time. What a difference! They say it needs about 1000 miles to fully break in but I can already feel the difference. I love how it comes up higher than the OEM seat, therefore giving you a little lower back support, and you can push back without sliding off the seat.

From when I ordered it to when I received it was 2.5 weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I heard the Corbin seats were really hard and not comfortable for long rides. I would really like to hear some reviews from those of you that have them? I had planned on ordering one myself till I read some bad reviews as to the comfort. I had thought about buying a spare OEM seat and just sending that out to have a custom upholstered seat made.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I heard the Corbin seats were really hard and not comfortable for long rides. I would really like to hear some reviews from those of you that have them? I had planned on ordering one myself till I read some bad reviews as to the comfort. I had thought about buying a spare OEM seat and just sending that out to have a custom upholstered seat made.
The thing with the corbin seats, while being reputated to be among the best....is that they strangely take 2000kms to break-in properly. I'm sure off the bat they might be hard and uncomfy, but after that 2k, they should be plenty comfortable.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i've done both and while the corbin was more comfortable, the custom seat at a local shop gave me more of what i was looking for. ie-sitting up higher so i could i had a better knee angle.
corbin seat only took about 500 miles for me to notice a real difference as far as their 'break in' goes

·
Registered
25 Posts
The thing with the corbin seats, while being reputated to be among the best....is that they strangely take 2000kms to break-in properly. I'm sure off the bat they might be hard and uncomfy, but after that 2k, they should be plenty comfortable.
How do you like your Mustang seat? It looks like it sits higher then the stock seat though?

I noticed that they are on sale at the moment and thought of ordering one. Unfortunately at least a 6-8 weeks delay on delivery at the moment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do you like your Mustang seat? It looks like it sits higher then the stock seat though?

I noticed that they are on sale at the moment and thought of ordering one. Unfortunately at least a 6-8 weeks delay on delivery at the moment.
Quite honestly, I love it. Support in the right places, comfy for long periods (like 3+ hours).....it's grrrrrrrreat! As for positon changes, that's where you get into the only odwnfall of the seat....aside from no airflow causing sweaty-ass syndrome. It is a tiny bit higher, by maybe 3/8 to 1/2 inch, maybe a bit less. But it does move you forward by roughly an inch. For me, it was a big cramped with stock pegs, but the comfort level really just....umm, what's the phrase here...the good massively outweighed the bad. Now , I have the DPM forward controls installed, and those with the mustang seat and a memphis shades bigshot windscreen, I'd have no problem whatsoever, going on a 8-12 hour trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got my Mustang seat installed and went on a 1 hour ride and the difference to the stock is insane! Loving it so far! Only thing is that it does sit higher, and for some reason it makes me feel like the reach to the grips seems a bit further away (idk if it's just in my head though) and that I have to learn a little more forward to reach them.
IMG_0504.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quite honestly, I love it. Support in the right places, comfy for long periods (like 3+ hours).....it's grrrrrrrreat! As for positon changes, that's where you get into the only odwnfall of the seat....aside from no airflow causing sweaty-ass syndrome. It is a tiny bit higher, by maybe 3/8 to 1/2 inch, maybe a bit less. But it does move you forward by roughly an inch. For me, it was a big cramped with stock pegs, but the comfort level really just....umm, what's the phrase here...the good massively outweighed the bad. Now , I have the DPM forward controls installed, and those with the mustang seat and a memphis shades bigshot windscreen, I'd have no problem whatsoever, going on a 8-12 hour trip.
So the Mustang seat made you feel a bit cramped on the stock pegs, I am just wondering how tall are you? I am about 5'8" .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my Mustang seat installed and went on a 1 hour ride and the difference to the stock is insane! Loving it so far! Only thing is that it does sit higher, and for some reason it makes me feel like the reach to the grips seems a bit further away (idk if it's just in my head though) and that I have to learn a little more forward to reach them. View attachment 32290
What levers do you have on your bike?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So the Mustang seat made you feel a bit cramped on the stock pegs, I am just wondering how tall are you? I am about 5'8" .
Kind of yes. I mean it felt more like a half squat position than an actual sitting position. It was a bit wierd, but didn't take long to get used to, and isn't what I would call "untolerable". It's very much tolerable, just a little wierd....kinda like a half mid peg and rear peg type position. I'm about 5'9-10'', but I also weigh 220lbs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts