Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
I like this map. But my ESR app is more easy to access rider locations on the fly.
As a software dev and a security analyst I can't tell you how dangerous apps are that let others see your location, either exact or approximate. These sort of apps make it easy for people to find you specifically, find your bike, find your home, work, hangouts etc. This make it easy to know when your home, at work, etc and makes theft trivial as well as other things.

I urge you and anyone else to turn off/disable any apps that provide tracking/gps data to other users. If you can't disable it then uninstall the app, period!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The upside down teardrop " pin drop" is not showing up on my map and the other items seem to be missing.

·
Banned
247 Posts
I have added my pin previously, but now I cannot find any controls to remove/re-add a pin on the map using Chrome (with some extensions). Firefox no add-on's, nor in Microsoft Edge browser.

There is no longer a search bar along the top of the map in which to use for searching, and using the search icon on the legend will find the location but will not offer you any map controls to add a pin.

My guess is the owner of the map needs to adjust some settings?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh cool - I guess it's curtains for me - that means 'the end' here :)
I'm sorry Keith, but I had a real good laugh from your towns name "Gardiner", since it literally means curtains in Norwegian :laugh:
Maybe we should all take up a collection for Kieth before "the end". He appears to be sleeping on a park bench in the Gardiner Common. ?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Is the map permanently gone? If it was being messed up by some unsavory types, couldn't it be Mod edit only or something?

·
Super Moderator
999 Posts
Odin
I didn’t even know myself that the map link has been removed until just now.
I’m sure when Keith comes back on he will explain the reasons for the link taken down.

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes, it was being vandalized so I changed it to noneditable. You guys can't see it at all?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Done! I’m lonely down here ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi so I'm a bit technically challenged, how can I get myself on this map? I tried reading thru the posts to no avail. Any help is appreciated!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts