Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Honda Rebel 300 Clip Ons

19K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  SLI 
#1 ·
I just got done installing a few items on a Honda Rebel 300. Main swap was the handlebars for Joker Machine Clips Ons with new grips and bar end mirrors. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. I need to figure out a new mount for the speedometer, any suggestions? I cut a short piece of pipe and reinstalled at the factory height with the original riser. Seat was changed and is way more comfortable. Next is the exhaust.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I am most likely going to design and cut a bracket that I can mount flush to the triple clamp that would place the speedometer in the small space between the triple clamp and headlight. Most likely a project that might happen this weekend. I like the speedometer, I am unsure if I would replace it entirely.

#14 ·
I got the speedometer relocator from Webike. Pretty easy install and good quality. I had to shuffle some things around but looks good and is easy to read while on the bike. Attached are some photos.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks for sharing that, looks like that might be the ticket to relocate the speedometer for sure, I kind of like that look as well with it off to the side. I'll update the thread with photos this weekend on what I decide or if I end up ordering the kit.

#11 ·
I am 5’10”, I rode it for about an hour straight last night and didn’t have any issues with my back and was actually pretty comfortable. Time will tell with longer rides. I do have to say the handling and feel of the bike was pretty good and fun in that position.

#21 · (Edited)
The Joker Machine Clips he installed would require loosening the four fork clamps and lowering the fork tubes far enough to slip the handlebar clamp on...then reposition fork tubes and torque the clamp bolts. There are other manufactures that use a hinge or split clamp that can be placed directly on fork tube without lowering them. Google "clip on handlebars" to find a variety of options

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.