Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing a few items on a Honda Rebel 300. Main swap was the handlebars for Joker Machine Clips Ons with new grips and bar end mirrors. The ride is surprisingly comfortable. I need to figure out a new mount for the speedometer, any suggestions? I cut a short piece of pipe and reinstalled at the factory height with the original riser. Seat was changed and is way more comfortable. Next is the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am most likely going to design and cut a bracket that I can mount flush to the triple clamp that would place the speedometer in the small space between the triple clamp and headlight. Most likely a project that might happen this weekend. I like the speedometer, I am unsure if I would replace it entirely.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I am most likely going to design and cut a bracket that I can mount flush to the triple clamp that would place the speedometer in the small space between the triple clamp and headlight. Most likely a project that might happen this weekend. I like the speedometer, I am unsure if I would replace it entirely.
cool. be sure to take lots of pics, we like pics :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing that, looks like that might be the ticket to relocate the speedometer for sure, I kind of like that look as well with it off to the side. I'll update the thread with photos this weekend on what I decide or if I end up ordering the kit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’d be careful of that brake line though. Seeing the picture again, that brake line has a real hard kink. You might be better off rotating the line around so it curves in from the top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d be careful of that brake line though. Seeing the picture again, that brake line has a real hard kink. You might be better off rotating the line around so it curves in from the top.
I checked it out and straightened it, it wasn’t kinked but did have a good U shape in it, much better now. Thanks for taking notice. I ordered the relocation speedometer kit too, should have it in a week or so. Thanks again for sending that link!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's quite an interesting handlebar, for sure!
What height are you? Doesn't it put a lot of strain on your back?
I am 5’10”, I rode it for about an hour straight last night and didn’t have any issues with my back and was actually pretty comfortable. Time will tell with longer rides. I do have to say the handling and feel of the bike was pretty good and fun in that position.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I am 5’10”, I rode it for about an hour straight last night and didn’t have any issues with my back and was actually pretty comfortable. Time will tell with longer rides. I do have to say the handling and feel of the bike was pretty good and fun in that position.
Hah! I'm 6'1, guess I would have to fold in half to be able to ride it! lol! :grin2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I checked it out and straightened it, it wasn’t kinked but did have a good U shape in it, much better now. Thanks for taking notice. I ordered the relocation speedometer kit too, should have it in a week or so. Thanks again for sending that link!
No problem. Excited to see the whole setup. I was looking at the woodcraft clip-ons that you can get with some rise so it'll be cool to see your setup when it's all done. Make sure to post some pictures!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can get a relocation kit off webike japan. Looks real clean I’ve been eyeballing it whether or not I end up going with low bars.

https://japan.webike.net/products/23297946.html

I got the speedometer relocator from Webike. Pretty easy install and good quality. I had to shuffle some things around but looks good and is easy to read while on the bike. Attached are some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is awesome! I just bought my Reb 300 and really want to add the leather seat and grips. Could you please let me know where you bought them?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts