Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this isn't really Honda Rebel 300 or 500 specific, but their bigger sibling was just officially unveiled. What do you think of it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Africa twin reported as 101 horsepower and 70 something torques, figure they went down a cog on the Rebel and you got about all you need power wise.
More than enough power to go up a tooth or two on the countershaft and get much better range on that gas tank. I might do that on my 500 for more range, first is certainly low enough for anything as it is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Africa twin reported as 101 horsepower and 70 something torques, figure they went down a cog on the Rebel and you got about all you need power wise.
More than enough power to go up a tooth or two on the countershaft and get much better range on that gas tank. I might do that on my 500 for more range, first is certainly low enough for anything as it is.
2021 Honda CMX 1100 Rebel specs, features, and details looks like 87 hp on the rebel. but at the weight thats still nuts

·
Registered
276 Posts
2021 Honda CMX 1100 Rebel specs, features, and details looks like 87 hp on the rebel. but at the weight thats still nuts
Yeah just saw that in a video and like they did with the 500 it's been electronically tweaked for a more "cruiserish" powerband. All good so far, as well as the price, the traction/wheelie/ABS in a litre bike in this price range is prolly gonna be a sales monster if you're not looking for a sport bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely want one. I had been planning on looking at the Rebel 500 in the spring, but seeing the news of the 1100 now being a reality has changed those plans. Really giving a lot of thought though to whether I want to stick with the manual gearslammer or give the lazi-matic a try.

This past spring when I was picking up my CB650, an elderly sales guy at the dealer came rolling in on a CTX700 with DCT, and he just looked so comfortable and relaxed, I ended up in a long chat with him about it. He seemed really happy with it, and that’s as close as I’ve ever been to one. I certainly have not heard anything bad about them, I just can’t decide if it would add to or detract from the whole riding experience for me. I’m kinda leaning toward the manual, but I really hope I can get a test ride before making that call.

·
Registered
276 Posts
$9200.00 for the gearbox, you could put on some nice finishing touches for what you save over the DCT.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will pass. Nice enough but the reason I have the 500 is for cruising around town. Light and nimble. That 1100 wouldn’t make it any more fun. 1100 would get me up the hiway a bit further but isn’t an inter state cruiser IMO

·
Registered
47 Posts
87 HP is plenty if you're not on a track.
My 49 HD Panhead was 55 HP and it was plenty fast with lots of torque for a cruiser.

·
Registered
16 Posts
87 HP is plenty if you're not on a track.
My 49 HD Panhead was 55 HP and it was plenty fast with lots of torque for a cruiser.
Agreed - for a 500-lb bike, 87 HP will do just fine. It‘s all about torque and gearing anyway that make a ride fun; all more HP is good for is bragging rights and getting you way above any legal speed limit. If it’s big power you’re looking for, then this probably isn’t the ride for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't like it, it is like a classic custon, not like a bobber.
I like my 500 ! :)
it's the exact same style as a 300/500 except for minor physical differences.the tank is a little wider. the front wheel is bigger. those are the main noticeable differences.

·
Registered
144 Posts
it's the exact same style as a 300/500 except for minor physical differences.the tank is a little wider. the front wheel is bigger. those are the main noticeable differences.
I love the big front tire of the 500. It is the same thing between the classicTriumph bobber and the bobber black.
It is more agressive and i like it. And it is expensive to change the front wheel on a brand new bike.

The other changes, example, like the big fuel tank or the big speedometer are necessary but i don't like it.

I like the minimalist side of the 500, his small size.
And for this price / bigger size of the 1100, i prefer a used bobber like triumph bobber / indian scout bobber.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any signs of this thing in the wild yet? I know some dealers manage to get these first-year models before anybody else, and I also know my local dealers are usually among the last to see them, so I know it’s gonna be awhile before I get my own hands and eyes one for real. Hoping if/when anybody actually sees one they’ll post a few pics and impressions. I’m a-gittin’ antsy. 😁

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 ABS
30 Posts
I don't think anybody actually has them on hand just yet but I've seen a few dealers start posting listings of them as "incoming" with specified VIN numbers. So I would think it shouldn't be long...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts